Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
08 2.5x
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you like more? I love top gear the guys crack me up and the specials are the best. But I really like fifth gear because they do stuff on every day cars we don't get here. And Vicky is real hottie that can drive. I love when she gets all exacted drifting a car.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
Fifth gear is good. But I prefer Top gear of the same reason you do. One of the BBC channels sends alot of top gear episodes on the tv now and then and atleast a a couple of episodes every day it seems :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Well figure BBC is sent from UK I get it over sat dish. so that's why I get BBC. I almost feel lucky. lol
Tho I wish I got some of US channels in. Stupid restrictions I can't watch web episodes from UK or US.

·
Registered
08 2.5x
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well figure BBC is sent from UK I get it over sat dish. so that's why I get BBC. I almost feel lucky. lol
Tho I wish I got some of US channels in. Stupid restrictions I can't watch web episodes from UK or US.
Yea your lucky we don't get any good Car TV shows here. I don't get the restrictions on web content. I would pay for it if i could. But they just cut US off.

·
Registered
08 2.5x
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
have you seen the new South America special? That Audi is hot but I would trade my Foz in on a Alpha 159 sport wagon in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Yea your lucky we don't get any good Car TV shows here. I don't get the restrictions on web content. I would pay for it if i could. But they just cut US off.
The restrictions comes from the fact that I don't live in the country the website is sending from. The US restricts them to only US ip adresses and same with the UK restricting it to only UK ip's. I think this is done so they can earn money on selling the shows out of the country. Not sure tho.

·
Registered
08 2.5x
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know seeing how I can watch Top Gear for free and they show it here on BBC America. But I can't watch Fifth Gear any more but they don't broadcast it out side of the UK that I can find.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
263 Posts
no competition...

TopGear.
Exactly! I feel that 5th Gear is just poorly made, one of the reasons Clarkson left it and made Top Gear. Plus Top Gear is just plain awesome everything, editing, commentary and ideas! I just may have watched ever episode and am a avid fan!:biggrin:

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
963 Posts
Don't recall Clarkson ever being on 5th Gear ? He did leave Top Gear but returned to to get the ratings back.

As for 5th Gear, I've gave up watching when the Tim&Tom Show became more important than Vicky, Tiff, Jason & the cars.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Top Gear is a very high quality full blown SHOW based on the motorist culture
while
Fifth Gear is good and plain TV show about cars.

They complement each other as this is real life, you know...

We need both eventhough they both see the supremacy of the contemporary cars made in Britain all the time :icon_confused: ...

·
Registered
2007 Impreza WRX STi
32 Posts
Top Gear, I watch religiously every week when they are on air. I make sure to find the new HD torrents (finalgear.com)

As for fifth gear they do have some decent reviews. But I usually find out about those via forums and watch a short snippet of the episode on youtube.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts