Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to the exotic car dealership with one of my friends today. We have built up a good relationship with one of the sales guys and today he took us out for a ride in the California. All I can saw is WOW! Its freaking amazing. Second gear in that car wants to break your neck, I can't wait to see how the 458 drives seeing as it will have the same trans and engine as the California except be mid engine and lighter. My friend has the video on his camera and as soon as he does something with it all post it here. But it was amazing.

What happened was they were having a Ferrari tech day at the dealership and our sales friend let us know. So we met up with some guys near where we live and kinda caravaned with them to the dealership. All I can say is that driving with 3 Ferrari's and a z06 on I-40 is awesome. Lets just say that a drive that usually takes us an hour and 15 mins took us about 45 today. It was SO much fun. And at one point the z06 found an open stretch and pinned it. He had to have been going 150 before he let off. Anyway, all in all it was an AWESOME day. :Banane08::woohoo::banana:

·
Registered
2000 Forester
263 Posts
Sounds sweet! Though I can't say the California has completely captured my attention. Crazy cool that you got to do that though!

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
Yeah those are nice but I prefer the more hardcore style a la F360, F430, 458.

Although I am fairly certain the 458's engine is very different, as the specs on it are freaking amazing and I don't think there was that much hype over the California's engine.

The 458 is absolutely amazing, they really kicked it up a notch in almost every imaginable detail. The styling is drop dead gorgeous!

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Although I am fairly certain the 458's engine is very different, as the specs on it are freaking amazing and I don't think there was that much hype over the California's engine.

The 458 is absolutely amazing, they really kicked it up a notch in almost every imaginable detail. The styling is drop dead gorgeous!
I could be wrong about the engine, however I know it will have the same 7 speed dual clutch transmission.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts

458 makes a little more HP, but I do think they share the same block. I remember reading somewhere that the 458 and California's engines shared a lot of the same parts, the 458 is just running higher CR, flows better, etc...

I could always be wrong. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
Pics or shens...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts