1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 X
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

This is my first post.

I have a 2006 Forester which was purchased new. It has never stopped. The only problem experienced so far has been a dodgy coil pack. It went while driving up the beach on high tide at night during a storm, so I was up it! When it went, the ECU must have gone full rich and threw too much gas in which subsequently burnt out the catalytic converter. The Feral Forester didn’t stop though, just ran rough on reduced power and got the family safely home without waking the sleeping kids. All fixed under warranty which was good but I made sure every bit of sand was washed out before taking it in!

SubStryker

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,746 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Thanks for the introduction & the story! :smile: Post up a picture of your Forester so we can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
Welcome from Alaska! Where are you located?

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
702 Posts
It was a dark and stormy night, and the Feral Forester was braving the wild and rushing tides of...of...Hello SubStryker, good story, where are you? British Isles? Welcome to the forum, by the way. Good trick, washing out that sand!
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Registered
2006 X
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your welcome!

It was a dark and stormy night, and the Feral Forester was braving the wild and rushing tides of...of...Hello SubStryker, good story, where are you? British Isles? Welcome to the forum, by the way. Good trick, washing out that sand!
Steve
09 2.5X AT
Ha Ha. Thats a an even better version than mine! Maybe we should get together and sell Subaru an advertisement?

It was a Dark & Stormy night, hmmmmm in fact I feel like a Dark & Stormy right now (Bundy Rum & Ginger Beer) :icon_idea:

Anyway I'm from Queensland, aye. :icon_wink:
Here's a picture of the Forester as requested:

·
Registered
1999 Forester
40 Posts
Welcome! And whats up with the helical gear / differential photo? Are there cool scars we should be seeing!?!

·
Registered
2006 X
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No cool scars, sorry!

Not sure why I use the pinon gear as an avatar. It's a non Subaru one but I like the look of it.

Looks like you don't mind getting your Suby dirty either?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts