Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At some point this winter, I ended up tearing one of the plastic wheel well fender liners off of the driver's side of my 99 Forester. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement so I don't have mud and gravel getting flung into the airbox intake?

·
Registered
2004 XT
825 Posts
you can get them at the dealer. i have a hole in my front rhs wheel well as well... ran over some debris on the road and poof. bcuz its not a popular part you have special order it, usually doesnt cost any shipping. i still need to get mine lol cuz my tire rubs when im in full lock. sorry dont have any PN's but ~$50 per side. hope this helps!

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
They're cheap too... not even $50, more like $35 IIRC. I know a few people who have made their own from plastic trash cans. Works great if you offroad or rally on dirt/gravel/mud and have to replace them regularly.

·
Registered
2004 Forester X Automatic
90 Posts
Both sides of mine are half gone from numerous winters. I always keep my eyes out for a good deal on them. A year or so ago I happen to find the passenger side for 7.99 shipped. Haven't found a deal like that sense but if you're lucky you can find one.All the plastic tabs that I finally ordered a few months ago is where it got spendy for me.

Now I just need to put it on.

·
Administrator
29,458 Posts
care to elaborate?
I was talking to a few rally people at the Primitive School on Saturday. Most of them go through fender liners like underwear, so cutting plastic trash cans to fit and zip-tying them in is cheaper in the long run than to replace them with OEM every time.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Hah I have the rear 2/3 of mine on both sides, but all plastic forward of that is gone on mine. You can see through the foglight holes right to the wheels, gives a nice view of the shiny KB links in contrast to all the black and rust around them! I really should make some brake ducts or ducting to the intake. The front of my fender liners just reach the thin metal fender support, and a shop did a great job cleaning it up and zip tying it, before my tires would rub constantly, now they don't at all.

·
Registered
2004 XT
825 Posts
They're cheap too... not even $50, more like $35 IIRC. I know a few people who have made their own from plastic trash cans. Works great if you offroad or rally on dirt/gravel/mud and have to replace them regularly.
are these at the dealership? or other sources?

·
Administrator
29,458 Posts
You have to use genuine JDM trash cans from japanparts.com.

j/k, Wallyworld or Target will work just fine...:biggrin:

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,734 Posts
I rip my fender linings off weekly. :biggrin:

They're cheap. You can call Jackie at Annapolis and I believe they're running right around $35/piece.......and I believe it also comes with all the anchoring stuffs. (I haven't ordered my new ones yet because I'm not done ripping them off every weekend :biggrin:)

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,513 Posts
All of these prices are cheap! I ripped out both of mine and I keep getting quoted for $65 plus some ridiculous shipping fee. Did something change? I really need some because the local SCCA is having a rally cross I'd like to run in in a couple of weeks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts