Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
05 forester xt
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 05 lowered with sti struts and 2" springs. Also just put a set of Rota g force with 245/40/18. Only got to drive it once, as the rear wheels especially are hitting the lip. Is the rolling tool gonna give me enough to clear? I went with this set up after seeing several people on here over the months with this same suspension/wheel setup.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,017 Posts
well what camber setting are you running?
I have a fender roller that I've used on some other cars which is fairly easy to use... but if you've got too much positive camber in your setup it's going to take more than just rolling the fender lip to make it work. If it's hitting the entire lip, you'll need to pull your fenders some... but dialing in more negative camber will surely help eliminate the need for pulling anything.

Your suspension setup confuses me though... STi struts with what springs? STi lowering springs?
Which size and offset G-force did you go with? 18x9 et38 I'm assuming...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
I ran wrx take offs with 18x8 tarmac 3 with 245/40/18s and had no rubbing. You must be really low!
it's more in the offsets, and that's the key component both you and the OP are leaving out here. well the OP is leaving out his wheel size too lol...

fender rolling can be as simple as a mallet, or a baseball bat, or a metal pipe. if you know what you're doing of course. don't ask me how i know. fenders are fenders.

on my last 240sx i rolled (hammered) my fenders with a mallet then pulled them 1/2" with a stack of thick newspapers ;) same/better results than a $250 dollar tool. it's all in the method and the amount of TIME and ATTENTION TO DETAIL you're willing to put in on your car.

and yes, if you hammer the lip flat carefully(!) with aid of a heat gun(!) you can save the paint the same as any expensive tool.

·
Registered
05 forester xt
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well what camber setting are you running?
I have a fender roller that I've used on some other cars which is fairly easy to use... but if you've got too much positive camber in your setup it's going to take more than just rolling the fender lip to make it work. If it's hitting the entire lip, you'll need to pull your fenders some... but dialing in more negative camber will surely help eliminate the need for pulling anything.

Your suspension setup confuses me though... STi struts with what springs? STi lowering springs?
Which size and offset G-force did you go with? 18x9 et38 I'm assuming...
yes the 18x9 with 35 offset, sti struts with tunabe sti springs, thanks

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,017 Posts
Well a mild roll should be all you need, as long as you've got adequate camber adjustment. If you haven't already, invest in a set of camber bolts for the rear to help tuck them into the fenders a little better.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
Yeah, need pics, preferably from the side. Rolling fenders may or may not help, if your tires are sticking out far enough rolling probably won't help and you may need strut spacers to raise the car.

Stan

·
Registered
2005 forester
178 Posts
what are you guys use for get negative camber? camber bolts? if yes, where can i get it? a link please..

regards Thomas Nørst..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts