Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Fender flares or Who's Forester is this?

81K views 119 replies 39 participants last post by  logansaurus 
#1 · (Edited)
If the Bushwacker flares shown here are too large, then these are just freakin' right. They look like the "universal" flares offered a while back, but I can't be certain.

I'd really like to do something similar to help keep rocks and other road debris from hitting the side of the car, but I'm not sure where these flares came from. Anyone have an idea?

I think these coupled with some nice UR mudflaps would really help knock the crap down off the side of the car.

EDIT 1: Got the green light, pictures are back

EDIT 2:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Future reference and getting the good information up front.

SG #: J101ESA200

SF #: E2010FS000

Discontinued in US, but possibly available elsewhere in the world. Model specific as well. We'll see if Bushwacker brings anything out as well.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #20 ·
Now I feel horrible that I stumbled upon these while looking for fender flares for my Foz. I feel like I've taken his thunder. The pictures are coming down immediately until I hear back from him.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
The pictures are out there. I grabbed them from a site. Searching for the same thing I was will eventually lead you there. If this is Dale's forester and he okays it, I'll put the photos back up. If he was teasing everyone with some kind of unveiling and I just peeked under the sheet, then I feel quite foolish.

Discussion starter · #44 · (Edited)
Pictures are back. I'll PM all who feel slighted.

Dale assured me that I wasn't leaking anything and that put my mind at ease.

He also mentioned the flares are genuine Subaru parts available out of Hungary and apparently a huge hit with the Singapore crowd. They're attached with double sided tape so they're not true fender flares, per say. However, they might accomplish what I'm after (side protection from dirt, rocks, snow, ice and whatever else is on the road) without having me buy some product that is ill fitting to our wheel arches. I may still try the generic fender flares or some of the ones being used by the Impreza crowd to fit larger tires, but we'll see.

I'd like to work something in to the body lines of the fenders. The last inch or so is flat vertical, and I'd like to see arches that keep the original line and extend further out to provide more protection. I'll see what I can come up with.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
I would certainly help pay for an extra piece of luggage on your return flight. :biggrin:

Discussion starter · #56 ·
If anyone could work a group buy for E2010FS000, it would be pretty darn awesome. Subaruparts.com lists them as discontinued. I imagine there would be quite a few hoops to jump through in order to make things work.

Discussion starter · #73 ·
Discussion starter · #110 ·
Waste of R&D money. I guess all those truck and SUV owners are padding the coffers with their normal market of stuff. They feel the need to keep creating one offs that do nothing but waste money.

I'd definitely purchase a set if they were to actually make them.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.