Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hit the bumper of a Jeep today, and while I'd like to have done more damage to him my hood and passenger fender are gone, along with my passenger lights and possibly my radiator support.

I might have found an entire front-end for sale, but its from a 2002 and I'm a 2001. Does anyone know if it will fit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
:(
495 Posts
So I hit the bumper of a Jeep today, and while I'd like to have done more damage to him my hood and passenger fender are gone, along with my passenger lights and possibly my radiator support.

I might have found an entire front-end for sale, but its from a 2002 and I'm a 2001. Does anyone know if it will fit?

Thanks!
The 01s and 02s are the same body style so should interchange.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I bought the hood and it's a perfect fit in perfect condition. He had the passenger light too. $200 took all. I lucked out big time, and will have the cash to get it painted at $300. The body shop did a quote at $2,400.

Interesting thing, I didn't file a claim. But I found out that the jeep that I hit (undamaged as the hit was little more than a love tap) was being driven by a Senate candidate and lawyer who's insurance card expired back in 2008. He got anxious and left the scene when the University Police were in sight. He's now filed a claim of personal medical injury and vehicular damage. Nice integrity.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
.... But I found out that the jeep that I hit (undamaged as the hit was little more than a love tap) was being driven by a Senate candidate and lawyer who's insurance card expired back in 2008. He got anxious and left the scene when the University Police were in sight. He's now filed a claim of personal medical injury and vehicular damage. Nice integrity.
He has to raise funds for that campaign some how:chair:

·
Registered
495 Posts
Thanks. I bought the hood and it's a perfect fit in perfect condition. He had the passenger light too. $200 took all. I lucked out big time, and will have the cash to get it painted at $300. The body shop did a quote at $2,400.

Interesting thing, I didn't file a claim. But I found out that the jeep that I hit (undamaged as the hit was little more than a love tap) was being driven by a Senate candidate and lawyer who's insurance card expired back in 2008. He got anxious and left the scene when the University Police were in sight. He's now filed a claim of personal medical injury and vehicular damage. Nice integrity.
Well thats shady! So what happens from here? Did your insurance contact you? I've never been in an accident so hearing this stuff is all new to me =)

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,221 Posts
He's now filed a claim of personal medical injury and vehicular damage. Nice integrity.
What an assclown. Well, your insurance won't be fooled...the lack of damage to his vehicle will make him collecting any injury money pretty much impossible, but if he wants to waste everyone's time...

You may want to ask him how he'd feel about the local press finding out about his ridiculous 'claim'. Newspapers love a good political scandal. :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,121 Posts
I wouldn't even ask him how he'd feel, Id just call the local news station and tell them about his lack of insurance, how he took off from the scene of the accident before the police arrived and how he's is now trying to claim damages ..Sounds like he may have been under the influence, wonder if he was a Kennedy?

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
132 Posts
I wouldn't even ask him how he'd feel, Id just call the local news station and tell them about his lack of insurance, how he took off from the scene of the accident before the police arrived and how he's is now trying to claim damages ..Sounds like he may have been under the influence, wonder if he was a Kennedy?
Oh man, you need to do it. He should have his ducks in a row if he wants to be a politician. This will give him some practice with damage control. The common folk would not have been so lucky, maybe he can pay for your hood and spray job...that would be nice and responsible of him.

Edit:
Oh, it seems as if you hit him... Well, I guess he is lucky, he still should have his sh*t together, though.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally gave in and sold the hood and light assembly to a local body shop. Turns out I did bend my core support, and my fender isn't lining up right. I filed a claim to have them fix the car with those parts. She'll either be looking like new in a week, or I'll have a check for a totaled vehicle.

I did however stop by the police station. They remembered seeing us there and decided to file a report indicating that he left the scene. Since he filed his claim as having the accident occurring on the 10th instead of the 27th (probably to squeeze in the medical records from all of those injuries) I'll at least have a police report showing when it happened.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I did however stop by the police station. They remembered seeing us there and decided to file a report indicating that he left the scene. Since he filed his claim as having the accident occurring on the 10th instead of the 27th (probably to squeeze in the medical records from all of those injuries) I'll at least have a police report showing when it happened.
Wow! Very shady! Not a surprise from a politician though :icon_confused: Thats good the police remember it all and also filed a report on him. You've got him by the [email protected]! Thats good!

Sorry about the ride though. Sounds like it had high miles though... Maybe time for a newer lower miles Foz?

* I remember watching a special on TV about a drunk politician who hit and killed a pedestrian. Of course he left the scene and like 15 years later they traced fragments of his jeep on the pedestrians clothes and finally convicted him. They traced the Jeep through 2 owners to find it and match paint/glass. There was STILL broken glass and shirt remnants sitting in little nooks and crannys of the Jeep from the impact of hitting the guy, 15 years later! =( These guys need to get their acts together if this is gonna be their line of work!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Good idea.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
Yes! A police report is a necessity.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts