Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I ended up placing better in CSP than SM due to the course being setup by the Mini guys. The course had a wagon wheel, cold/technical sections and it went through the same set of cones four, yes four times. Big fun. The LGT brakes with the bite of the Stoptech pads made it a pleasure with little effort in braking.

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Flat 6 5MT 4.44
143 Posts
Thats kinda cheap how they set it up in their favor but i guess it proved a challenge.

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,659 Posts
What pads were you running prior to the stoptechs? I am hearing good things so far, and looking to replace the front oem brembos, before our next event.

So far I am leaning towards the stoptechs...but since I have the bobcats in the rear, I was going to match them.

Price difference is a huge difference however.

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
those are great quality shots! nice,
The club has a guy who works photo instead of course. He took like 250 photos. Talent.

what tire pressures were you running?
I was running 38psi but I should have gone to around 35psi due to conditions.

What pads were you running prior to the stoptechs?
I was running Hawk HPS and the initial bite is significantly improved with the Stoptechs. It is early to review these pads and with the whole setup revamped it is hard to pick components but I must same this upgrade is a MASSIVE improvement overall.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
824 Posts
Some other great pics; The Volvo has a Mustang Cobra motor.

...and the Cobra has a Volvo motor in it. :biggrin:

:shake: sorry, had to..... Great pics! I think you have a set of Subzero's, are the wheels in these pics a devoted AutoX set? If so, what tires are you running?

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that volvo is awesome lol! can you say body roll....
The guy driving the Volvo rallies a WRX wagon. He drifted the whole course with ZERO conage. :rock:

Nice-looking Miata, what suspension are you running? Are those 16s?

Stan
It is my buddies and we are just getting started. 15" with RE-11s with stock suspension. We are planning on removing the aftermarket radiator that put him in CSP and then front sway/rear sway delete for starters. Those tires are sick.

...and the Cobra has a Volvo motor in it. :biggrin:

:shake: sorry, had to..... Great pics! I think you have a set of Subzero's, are the wheels in these pics a devoted AutoX set? If so, what tires are you running?
The Leggy rims are devoted now with Star Specs. Love the Star Specs.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
awesome vid/driving!

lol @ your leather driving gloves, that wagon wheel looked fun. i just wish your camera was a little higher, would make seeing the course a lil bit easier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts