Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today couldn't cancel the engine light so decided to investigate.

Intercooler removed easy peasy to reveal the two air valves, one easy to get at, the other buried under the inlet manifold.

The flange bolts for the exhaust connection look impossible even with the inlet manifold removed. I have arrowed the top one.

How difficult is it to remove the manifold?

Also can't find the two green test connectors under the dash. Don can you give me a clue please.

Thanks,

Max.

A

·
0 Posts
Green test connectors are right under the steering column.
What MY is your car?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,577 Posts
Unless they've changed things on the MY06 onwards, as AP says they are up by the steering column.

If they haven't been used before they are usually taped up out of the way and may be difficult to see at first.

Looking at your picture you need to look further towards the centre console.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,577 Posts
OK have just been outside and stuck my camera up under the lower dash between the brake pedal and the throttle to get the following........
Brake pedal pivot point shows on left.

I think the blue tape I've marked on your picture may be where they are.........
The white box to the left of the blue tape is the whitebox directly above the green connectors shown above

You will have to get right under to see them. It pays to be a contortionist at times :biggrin:

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,577 Posts
Have marked the group of plugs that may be there (This is for the MY03)
that you can see in my photo.

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don, above and beyond the call of duty on a December evening but you were spot on. Found them right behind the fusebox using a mirror and managed to fit them together using one hand, I then heard the locking claw click in so God knows how I'll get it apart again with one hand.

So far as I can tell the easy solenoid is the one not working but its too late now for an old fellow to be out playing cars. Things always work better tomorrow.

Just to keep you from being bored the air pump didn't start up. Is that part of the test sequence?

Thanks again all.

Max.

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Don, me again,

Do you have anything that shows what the four terminals on the air valve are connected to.

Thanks again,

Max

1 - 10 of 10 Posts