Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 FXT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Tuesday afternoon i had a pretty bad atv accident. We had just bought it off my father inlaw and i picked out the helmet i had wanted and instead of waiting on fedex to bring my helmet i went out and rode it anyways, I dont remember what happened but from the looks of the tracks i lost control went up and inbankment and over corrected and flipped it into a electric fence.I had gotten thrown clear of the atv and landed on the lane. I eventually went uncouncious and had to be life flighted to altoona regional hospital . i dont remember really anything i dont remember the amblulance or the helicopter ride or anything the first thing i remember was waking up in the hospital with a neckbrace on and air tubes in my nose and an iv in my arm. My leg and side have some road rash as well as my face but im glad to be realativley well and thank god i did not get hurt worse . my memory is still pretty fuzzy and i am having trouble remembering things thats happened the same day or even two days ago. but just want to let all of my subaruforester family know that im alive and doing better and will be resting for a couple of days :icon_biggrin:.
Sincerly James (fatboy) Myers

·
Registered
1998 Forester
602 Posts
I hate ATVs because even with a helmut there is a good chance of breaking your neck/spine. They flip easier than a US presidential candidate on the issues...lol.

Next time you want to go offroad..use your Forester...much safer.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
1,545 Posts
Wow.........Like you said it could have been alot worse. Glad to hear that you are OK and recovering. Best wishes on your recovery!

·
Registered
2004 FXT
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everybody for the best wishes. im slowly getting better but definatly not lookin forward to trying to go to work tomorrow night its gonna be a heck of a night but i'll pull threw. thanks again everybody

1 - 8 of 8 Posts