Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester Automatic
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to all for the useful info and articles. I traded my 2012 Forester premium for a 2014 Crosstrek Limited. I used the GTP program and my payments are now cheaper by $10. So far the Crosstrek is very good and much smoother due to the CVT and the ride is just a tad softer

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
801 Posts
Bye. I hope you drop in from time to time.

Hope you enjoy your new ride. Good Luck and Godspeed!

·
Premium Member
2009 Fozzie XT Ltd 4EAT
553 Posts
l8r - I'm holding out for a turbo crosstrek

·
Registered
2012 Forester Automatic
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got tired of the oil consumption issues at such low mileage car had less than 13k miles. The dealer performed the oil consumption test 3 times so rather than letting this be an ongoing ordeal and the older the car gets the more the value of it goes down so I inquired about getting a new Forester Turbo but didnt want to wait months for one.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Best of luck on your new Subaru, but you're always welcome to stick around a be a part of the community.

·
Registered
2014 2.0 XT Touring CVT
85 Posts
You'll like the XV - they're a great vehicle. I sold mine to buy my '14 XT Forester, but that was only because I decided that I needed the extra cargo space. Power was secondary, but the XT does tow more as well.

The XV is a far better handling machine - at least in Aussie spec. I've heard that our XV's are retro-fitted by Pedders here in Oz to be more suitable to our road conditions, but I can't confirm that. I do know that they turn on a 10c piece and are incredibly nimble - making the Forester almost seem barge-like in comparison.

Have fun, and make sure that you joint the Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum group.

·
Registered
2012 Forester Automatic
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So after months of being gone i decided to browse back on here..

Its nicw that the XV handles great! When I let me dad drive the XV a little while after I got it, the first thing he said was that the XV handles so much better than the Forester. Not that the Forester handled badly but the steering and ride of the XV he complimented to be better
You'll like the XV - they're a great vehicle. I sold mine to buy my '14 XT Forester, but that was only because I decided that I needed the extra cargo space. Power was secondary, but the XT does tow more as well.

The XV is a far better handling machine - at least in Aussie spec. I've heard that our XV's are retro-fitted by Pedders here in Oz to be more suitable to our road conditions, but I can't confirm that. I do know that they turn on a 10c piece and are incredibly nimble - making the Forester almost seem barge-like in comparison.

Have fun, and make sure that you joint the Subaru XV Crosstrek Forum group.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts