Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HMmmm... I don't know about this guy...

He said that the wiring of the preveious generation Forester was nothing like that of an STi and that the new SG's were basically identical. Not sure I agree with that.

He then went on to say that if someone were to do this on their own it would cost $40-50k!!! What's he smoking?? Maybe if you went out and bought a new Forester and a new STi. Jeez.

·
Registered
04 forester xt 5mt
132 Posts
that car is damn sexy!!! yeah, the estimate i thought was a bit pricey, but damn that car was sick!

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,542 Posts
I just don't see why they're really making a big deal out of this. People have been doing this since the 04 xt's came out. I mean it's still cool, but nothing really new.

·
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just don't see why they're really making a big deal out of this. People have been doing this since the 04 xt's came out. I mean it's still cool, but nothing really new.
True. But since there is no official Forester STi it's nice to see what could have been.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,330 Posts
Yup, dude acts like he reinvented the wheel...haha.

While its a clean ride, and looks great with the wheels/brakes. I would take my FSXT over it.

·
TANSTAAFL
2010 2.5X Premium AFF 4EAT
481 Posts
Very interesting. I wonder how many of them Subaru would sell if they decided to make those a factory option?

Hmmm...

·
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh definitely. I wish Subaru would find the need to make these stateside. About the only way I'd get an SH.
I would trade up to one of those absolutely.

Very interesting. I wonder how many of them Subaru would sell if they decided to make those a factory option?

Hmmm...

I have a feeling that if Subaru did something like that they would come at a hefty price. I doubt there would be a real bargain Forester STi. However, I could see them selling a few. Enough, IMHO, to produce a limited edition Forester STi.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
I keep rethinking what he said about the wiring differences... and then wonder why he even had to swap the engine itself? technically we could do the same, but seriously... why bother swapping out an engine if you've already got nearly the same block.

and by "previous generation" would he maybe have been talking about the SF's?

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts

Hmmm...
Ya know, if the swap is really that easy (he said it was 40 man-hours including stripping the donor STi), then it would seem like Subaru could do it fairly cheaply since they wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel, as it were, to make everything fit. In that case, a limited edition of 100-250 sounds plausible.

Edit: I assume those 40 hours include tuning the AP, so subtract five hours if only doing a direct STi swap without tuning and testing.

·
Registered
2010 XT 4eat
602 Posts
OMG that is one sick forester. Makes me want to dump money in mine. I understand people have been doing this to there foresters for a while but its nice to see it done in an 09.

·
Registered
2002 Forester S Flat 6 5MT 4.44
143 Posts
i think if i had an 09 XT i would just swap in a 5mt from a wrx and call it good. But still its pretty nice and i dont know about subaru bringing the sti forester here cause then everyone would have one.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts