Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 forester XS
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a question about my radiator fans , please

I finished up my t-belt , water pump etc service last night and was doing the coolant burp and then run at temp to cook out the rest of the air bubbles routine ...

My car was running for about 20 min and got to what seems to be a normal temp for the car ( just a little above the first marker on the temp gauge ) and stayed there for a while . Strange thing is my fans never kicked in .. I revved it to 2-2.5k for 5 -ish min and the temp didn't move but still no fans .....

yes both the fans are plugged into the harness -- the fuse looks good too

Now granted it was 20-ish degrees out and my hood was up ... but I was in a garage , yes guys with the door part up ;)

I guess I am looking for the info of at what temp should they kick in ?

this is my first suby , well kind of ... I have been transplanting suby engines into other cars for years but never had an actual whole suby , so I am trying to be a little cautious before I take it out on the interstate .

thanks for any help you can give

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
This:
this is my first suby , well kind of ... I have been transplanting suby engines into other cars for years but never had an actual whole suby
needs further explanation. :icon_biggrin:
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question though.

·
Registered
2003 forester XS
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This:

needs further explanation. :icon_biggrin:
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question though.

LOL -- oh the transplants ..

lets see I have put a 2.5 ej in a 1975 porsche 914 .. a wrx in a 1971 porsche 914 ( mmm turbo )

I put another wrx in an 81 porsche 911

I put an ej engine in a sand rail

I another ej in a old school meyers manx reproduction dune buggy ( VW based dune buggies from the 60's and 70's )

I even put an EJ in a VW notch back too

... of course I have also shoe horned a SBC 350 into a porsche 914 too - that was stupid amounts of power in such a little car -- 325HP in a 1900# +/- car , it was sooo much fun !

HAHA but I end up driving a N/A 2003 forester .... :biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts