Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Impreza WRX 5 speed manual
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Subaru drivers, we very rarely get a chance to show off our AWD capabilities. However, as some may know, Philadelphia has been getting pelted with snow lately. With that said, lets just say my college doesn't do the best of jobs clearing the parking lots. I went to my car this evening, and found it practically buried in snow. The hard part was cleaning off the car. After that, I started her up, and simply clambered right over the two feet of snow that had been left in front of the car by the plow. :icon_razz: What made this all the sweeter was returning to find several pickup trucks stuck in spaces that had less snow than mine had. I love AWD, and I love Subaru!

·
Registered
2009 Premium X AT
866 Posts
As Subaru drivers, we very rarely get a chance to show off our AWD capabilities. However, as some may know, Philadelphia has been getting pelted with snow lately. With that said, lets just say my college doesn't do the best of jobs clearing the parking lots. I went to my car this evening, and found it practically buried in snow. The hard part was cleaning off the car. After that, I started her up, and simply clambered right over the two feet of snow that had been left in front of the car by the plow. :icon_razz: What made this all the sweeter was returning to find several pickup trucks stuck in spaces that had less snow than mine had. I love AWD, and I love Subaru!
Dude I TOTALLY hear you on that one... I feel like my Foz is unstoppable. I watched a Chevy Silverado get stuck up on a snowbank trying to get out of my parking lot on campus, and I took my Subi right up, and plowed right on through it... the guy in the rearview mirror was staring in disbelief. Chalk one up for the Subaru :biggrin:

·
Registered
:(
495 Posts
I fell in love with mine all over again last weekend. Took my fozz up Stevens pass and found a few trails which before I knew it turned into snowy/mud trails. The fozz just trucked on through everything while my bf hyperventilated every time we were near the cliff. We even passed a bunch of lifted Jeeps on the trail and they all waved at the subie as we mudded by. It was a special moment for me and my car <3

:woohoo:

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X LEV II
67 Posts
Me too, I am so impressed with Subaru's AWD system, left work, with permission from Emergency managent in a State of Emergency. True white-out conditions, my passenger was looking with me, as I would ask, where's the road. We travel 30 miles to get home, the subi didn't miss a lick. I went down his street to drop him off, it was full of ruts about 8-10 deep from stupid people getting stuck and spinning, So Packed snow and ruts. We went up a 1/3 mile long hill unplowed w/ around 8-10 in of snow, again in white-out conditions. and then this morning we went back to work, with a reverse route, but now on the big hill going down some abandoned their for ford ranger 4x4 pu in the middle of the roadon a sharp bend, so I went up the embankment and went around then I went around a Chevy Tahoe that was Abandoned on the other side of the curve further down the Hill. All this while reporting the conditions to Emergency Management via radio.
My Passenger, who owns a Ford Ranger 4x4 that we left at work was so Impressed that now he wants a subaru. If I knew he had his camera with us, I would have had him take so pictures.
When we got to work this morning he said, "I'm really Impressed with the Subaru".

I told him "It's what make a Subaru, a Subaru".

All of this was from S.E. PA. to Bear, Delaware and Back to S.E. PA.
Impressive, I Love my Subaru.

·
Registered
2014 Impreza WRX 5 speed manual
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had another chance to show of my AWD this evening. My parents insisted on taking me out to dinner for my birthday, so we decided to meet half way. Now, Philadelphia got hit again with snow on Wednesday. Today was Saturday and we're still trying to clear it up. I knew I would have to clean off the car, I just didn't expect the mountain of snow that had been piled in front of her. At its highest, the pile was as high as the hood. I cleaned off a section of the windshield, then got into the driver's seat. I was out of the spot in no less than 20 seconds. Granted, I had to drive back and forth a couple of times, but the shocked looks that I got from the group of people trying to push a Saturn out of its spot was worth it. Subaru never ceases to amaze me... or others for that matter!

·
Registered
2005 Forester 2.5X LEV II
67 Posts
On my way home Friday Night, I stopped on the big hill, to assist a PennDOT Driver. His Plow Truck slid off the road. I offered to Call for assistance, he told me he was fine, Another truck was on it's way. Then he asked, if I would need assistance geting up the rest of the hill, I told him, I'm Fine. You should have seen the look on his face, as I drove on up the hill, without slipping or slidding.
I really Love My Subaru.

·
Registered
01 Forester S
129 Posts
I here with you. I have to drop someone off at UPENN every morning and pick them up. traffic can be a real mess with the narrow and uncleared sides of roads.

When we first started getting snow again I thought the same thing how much fun it is to drive my forester. The handling and traction. Sometimes just driving around I forget how cool it is to have AWD. I mean even where the roads are clear try finding a parking space that isn't snow or ice covered. I love being able to just pull up on a snowy pile of parking space that average cars would get hopelessly stuck in.

Anyone who gets in the car with me in bad weather is always impressed with how well they do. I'm a great winter weather driver also but it is fun to see people who are used to sliding around and scared see how well these cars do. I am ruined for rear wheel drive. I work for a used car dealer, we sell used cop cars. I could get a crown vic cheap from him but I wouldn't want to drive it in bad weather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts