Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Just moved to northern Westchester (NY) and would like to find a reliable mechanic in the area.
I've searched this forum, but haven't seen my area discussed.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
2007 Forester
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm - did I post in the wrong forum?
Or are there simply no mechanics to recommend in my area??

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
4 Posts
@milestogo I'm local to Stamford (Neighboring of Westchester County) If you need work done feel free to reach out to me. I do work on the side and prefer Subaru's but worked professionally on BMW / and Range Rovers. I'm moving in about a month out west but until then I have all my gear and tools at home. PM me and I'll be more than happy to give you my contact info.

·
Registered
2007 Forester
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@defiance1991 Thanks for your offer. I don't need anything specific right now, so I can't take you up. Really hoping to find a good local regular garage.
Happy moving!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
4 Posts
@defiance1991 Thanks for your offer. I don't need anything specific right now, so I can't take you up. Really hoping to find a good local regular garage.
Happy moving!
Gotcha,Unfortunately I cant think of any local to you. I would strongly suggest "The Shop CT" but they are a bit of a drive from you (Up in Stratford CT) But they do excellent work and will take good care of you. I'm unsure of their labor rate(s) but they do as much as they can in house and do a lot of work on Subaru's as well as other brands.

Thanks for the well wishes, hope your fozzy serves you well!

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
357 Posts
Welcome to the neighborhood. Hope you like it here.

Not too sure if you are north of White Plains but Ro Ro Automotive (Vinny is the owner) in North White Plains, NY is good. Not cheap but trustworthy. Not easy to get quick appts, unless it is an emergency and if he can squeeze you in. He has only 3 bays if I remember correctly

Westchester Subaru's service dept is good too, just super expensive.

$98-120/hr is common labor rate around here. Ossining/Peekskill area may be cheaper but Katonah/Chappaqua/Byram Hills may be expensive (but if you are around these areas, you don't need to worry abt the labor rate ;) )

·
Registered
2007 Forester
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks @MoneyJohn . I'll keep Vinny in mind if I'm stuck. I guess I'm the exception to the rule in terms of worrying about labor rates. (I may have the oldest car in town - that doesn't qualify for an auto show.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts