Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,380 Posts
Yea..Subaru's fault bc the guy had mental problems which were not addressed

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,380 Posts
Like I said..some mental problems. I worked months on end with several hours more than that. I worked in nuclear power and 30 years ago outages were like 3+ hours long. Yea I know..its tough. But averaged 15 hours over time most of my working life. Much of it unpaip. Many millennials (not all) couldn't begin to dream this.

And no-I am nothing special.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea..Subaru's fault bc the guy had mental problems which were not addressed
Site your source. Or is this just your opinion?

And a total of $7 million in unpaid wages! Holy Hell!!

·
Registered
281 Posts
A mental problem, but a very common one.

find the study on japanese work habits. pretty common for employees to do this unfortunate thing. They over work, and arent happy, and then off themselves.
Another reason why theyre population is decreasing, less people wanting to have a family to work. Its kinda crazy.

not just subaru that has to deal. every company in japan. we hear it cause its a known company.

·
Administrator
15,760 Posts
A mental problem, but a very common one.
Exactly, very common! I managed a business in Japan for 4 years and these sad events were regularly in the local news. Japanese staff would usually stay at work until their boss went home so if my staff were still at their desks by 5:30-6:00 I would leave.

A well publicized suicide while I was there was a train driver who, due to technical issues, left the station 30 secs late. Japan rail ordered him to be retrained so he topped himself. Many such suicides happen at Shin-Koiwa Station where people jump in front of passing express trains.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,380 Posts
Site your source. Or is this just your opinion?

And a total of $7 million in unpaid wages! Holy Hell!!
My source is "common sense" learned over 73 years. Anyone that kills on's self bc he/she is being forced to work has mental issues. not demeaning that person...mental disease is not something that should be a stigma. Its something that can be helped like any disease.

You can now have the last word..I'm done.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i CVT
857 Posts
Wow

Working 105 overtime hours during the month before his death would give anyone mental health problems, especially if you weren't supposed to report it and weren't going to be paid for it...
Agreed. Illegal, shameful and a cover up.

Exactly, very common! I managed a business in Japan for 4 years and these sad events were regularly in the local news. Japanese staff would usually stay at work until their boss went home so if my staff were still at their desks by 5:30-6:00 I would leave.

A well publicized suicide while I was there was a train driver who, due to technical issues, left the station 30 secs late. Japan rail ordered him to be retrained so he topped himself. Many such suicides happen at Shin-Koiwa Station where people jump in front of passing express trains.
Good point of reference, many people don't bother to read about different parts of the world.

Not to diminish anyone's death but this suicide happened in 2016. It is hardly 'news.'
Still news, just from 2016 and worthy of discussion. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts