Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
Serenity,
Great topic, I am in the same boat as you and want to know what people have accomplished(or failed).
What tweeters are you thinking of putting in? I want to put in the tweeters from an Alpine Type R componet set.

Dave

·
Registered
2010 Forester
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Serenity,
Great topic, I am in the same boat as you and want to know what people have accomplished(or failed).
What tweeters are you thinking of putting in? I want to put in the tweeters from an Alpine Type R componet set.

Dave
I bought two sets of the Polk db651s coaxials, but I haven't opened them yet. I want to install coaxials in the rear, and component speakers in the front.

The speakers don't have to be Polks, though. As long as they are a 6.5" mid-range quality, with good sensitivity and reasonably priced.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Premiu
83 Posts
Yeah, I just pushed mine into the stock location and then put duct tape around the back side. It's been holding great!! :biggrin:
duct tape = universal adapter

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Prem w/AWP
11 Posts
despite being listed as a 1" tweeter, the one in my set of JL Audio ZR650Csi is approx 1.5" (I think it was 42mm) to mount and did NOT fit into the OEM pods.. tried to MacGyver it achieving critical fail :(
drilled holes in the doors and am happy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts