Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have the FSM on pdf's? When i had my maxima, someone on maxima.org had the entire fsm on pdf's and it came in handy.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S 5MT
820 Posts
Am I reading that site right? Some of the books to the service manual are listed at like $25-45 each, but you can spend just $35 and download anything you want for the next 72 hours?

·
Registered
2006 '06 FXT
835 Posts
By chapter. It is a lot of downloads! But, yes, you are correct. Just pick a time when you have like a whole weekend to do it, you have to wade through hundreds of chapters to get them.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
When they started you were not restricted to 20 files per hour, so you could get everything you needed in a few hrs. Now it's a PITA.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Tell me about it. I have made it to chapter 5: Chassis Section. The first three chapters contain a ton of downloads. I think it will be easier going forward. I should have started Friday night, but I started Sunday Morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I will get everything before it expires.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
You can buy them on e-bay for about $15, but they are copyright violations, and may not even be correct.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
985 Posts
I saw this program where it would pull down an entire site (i.e. pdfs, jpg, html, doc...etc) automatically. I cannot remember the name but have it at home.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It would be nice if you could get a program to do that for this site. It would have to stop for an hour and let the timer reset and be able to dril ldown sub-menus and place the files in the right place.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that I will be able to finish.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Bravo12 said:
Am I reading that site right? Some of the books to the service manual are listed at like $25-45 each, but you can spend just $35 and download anything you want for the next 72 hours?
the pdfs are okay, but nothing beats having the actual manuals...

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
gota love the paper

·
Premium Member
2003 XS 4EAT - maybe someday I'll hit 60K
107 Posts
I'm with the paper crowd. Ouch! $$, but I guess I just like having the manuals too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought the CD version that has all the pdf files for $15. I forgot the website but I can give you the seller's e-mail.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
985 Posts
Here is the link to that program which pulls down entire websites. Not sure if this will help with the pdfs

http://www.httrack.com/

·
Registered
211 Posts
I finally finished mine. Essentially you have to download 54 hours (because of the 20 per hour limit) out of 72 available per subscription. A true PITA, but I have it now.

Anyone want to buy it? Just kidding? It would be nice if they would make it easier and more time effective. I imagine they do it this way to discourage people from doing it as they don't make as much. That's the only reason to limit you to 20 files and make the file sizes so small.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts