Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for a 2010 Forester w' manual transmission and they seem really hard to find in my area. And the 1 or 2 that are around are in colors I don't like.

Does anyone have experience with Factory Ordering a vehicle? Interested mostly in how difficult this is to do, and what kind of lead times are involved. I've read 8-12 weeks, but I don't know if this is true for Subaru.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I customed ordered a 2010 (had to cancel later but bought another one...long story) but the deal couldn't cancel it. It took ~8 weeks here in Sothern Cal and it was very easy to do.

In our case we just put $500 dollars down and when we canceled we got the deposit back... (felt bad and was happy when someone else bought it though we our happy with our new Forester)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info Sal! Guess I'll start asking dealers about pricing 3-4 months or so before I actually need a new vehicle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My dealer offered to order one for me so I could get the pricing I was after - if the dealer doesn't have to hold it on the lot, it saves them dealer floorplan costs. It took about six weeks for my Forester to arrive. No deposit was required - it was a lovely experience.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited 4 EAT
149 Posts
Another advantage of factory ordering

Because the '10 X Limited equiped the way I wanted wasn't anywhere to be found in my area my dealer wrote it up for a factory build. You do have to wait, in my case 6-8 weeks (ordered 10/28) but you do save the dealer install costs of any of the add-on accessories.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Because the '10 X Limited equiped the way I wanted wasn't anywhere to be found in my area my dealer wrote it up for a factory build. You do have to wait, in my case 6-8 weeks (ordered 10/28) but you do save the dealer install costs of any of the add-on accessories.
Very good point especially if you are not able to install them yourself and since they added it they would be covered under the warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts