Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you got a message about being stranded in London and you were being asked to send money, IT WASN'T ME. Apparently, I've been hit by a Facebook worm and EVERYONE that was online got a message this morning starting around 4AM PST.

Trying to find out where it came from. The worm is called koobface.
:mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob::mob:

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,639 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me about a week ago.

Have no idea how they did it. Trojan catching passwords?
The one thing we both have in common is we come here, often?????

Lemme know if you find out anything? I am running McAfee Security Center and it never indicated anything.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Someone posted this today on my news feed:

ATTENTION:READ THIS AND THEN RE-COPY IT TO YOUR OWN STATUS TO GET THE WORD OUT: If you get a notification that says a friend reported you to Facebookfor being offensive or in violation of terms of service, do NOT clickit. It's a virus...post this on your own site for your friends.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it's a password catching trojan that they use to hijack your email first and then your facebook and myspace accounts. But they only got to my facebook account because my personal stuff like email and bank accounts are all using other passwords. be careful people. search for bredolab or koobface. problem is, i exhibit NONE of the symptoms and i dont recall any password reset or offensive violation emails. i have a feeling that my account stuff is on another computer at work or on a public computer and someone there has downloaded the virus mistakenly.. namely the admin assistant who likes to watch youtube (virus is also masked as a youtube required adobe flash update).

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT Sport
3,082 Posts
At work, the most virus alerts we get are from news sites; we get nothing from youtube, facebook, etc. No joke.

It happened to my DH, a "friend" supposedly sent him a video and it downloaded something that we STILL can't get rid of.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts