Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a drain plug valve (I used a Fumoto on my previous vehicle). I contacted customer service and was told the EZ-108 fits the 2019 Forester. Looking at Fumoto, they have a FAQ saying 2017+ Foresters use two different size drain plugs (https://help.fumotooildrainvalve.co...60005523233?input_string=2019+subaru+forester). I'm leaning toward the EZ valve but hesitant to order without clarifying first. Is it really the case that there are two different size drain plugs?

·
Registered
2010 XT Premium
33 Posts
I have one on my 2010 FXT. It leaks! Started leaking after about 3 yrs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,830 Posts
Reactions: Kevin

·
Registered
2018 LTD w/eyesight
72 Posts
A second vote for Stahlbus.
They are easier to install, as a socket fits right over the base that screws into the oil pan, as opposed to a Fumoto or EZ Drain that requires a stubby wrench or pliers.
The Stahlbus uses a copper washer to seal.
Fumoto uses that fibre washer which will eventually leak, but EZ Drain uses a neoprene O-ring that seals well.
And Stahlbus is the winner in actual use; no lever to turn and the easiest to actuate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everyone. I'll take a look at the Stahlbus as well. When I ran the Fumoto on a previous vehicle, I used a regular crush washer instead of the washer they supply.

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
446 Posts
I have EZ on 15 Forester for 3 years now. No problem as such. Opening the valve gets tricky for me due to thick fingers and less space around the lever. Almost every time, DW has to open the valve.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Touring CVT
1,203 Posts
No issues with the Fumoto valve F108N on my '16 Forester. No leaks and works great.

·
Registered
09 forester
253 Posts
I had a EZ on my 09, and took it off. If you want it, email me off line and you can have for the price of shipping. I used it for about 4 years, it never leaked.

·
Registered
2019 Convenience / EyeSight CVT
53 Posts
Just had the EZ-108 installed at my first oil change. I included a crush washer to better align the release lever.
My 08 Outback had a Fumoto for many years with no leaks, but I like the EZ drain's more compact body.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts