Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Lexus RX 350 8 speed auto
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand why EyeSight without Nav. is only available on the 2.5 Premium. I would like the 2.0XT or even the Touring, but without the Subaru Nav.

After reading the manual, I am wondering if you stick a aftermarket Nav. unit on the windshield, will it mess up the EyeSight?

Bill

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
If you put an windshield attached navigation system on the windshield, it will be fine. You just need to keep it lower or to the far sides, away from the camera's field of view.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
235 Posts
is it possible to remove the stock nav and keep eyesight? i ordered a 2015 XTT with eyesight but with reluctance because of the nav.

·
Premium Member
12,780 Posts
is it possible to remove the stock nav and keep eyesight?
Yes.

Many people have put aftermarket headunits in their 2014s. The systems are not interlinked, as evidenced by the fact that you can now get the 2015 Premium with Eyesight and no navigation.

Pioneer headunits have been a popular choice. Search "2014 Pioneer" for results.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
235 Posts
Yes.

Many people have put aftermarket headunits in their 2014s. The systems are not interlinked, as evidenced by the fact that you can now get the 2015 Premium with Eyesight and no navigation.
thanks, i wasnt sure if they wired them differently

·
Registered
801 Posts
Didn't someone also hook up their backup camera picture to an after market HU? Has anyone done that with the Stock HU?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts