Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 forester 2.0 XT with "EYESIGHT". I want to improve its braking capability that I need some other aftermarket braking parts like brands such as BREMBO, ap racing. Since my Subaru forester equipped with "eyesight" automatic braking system, I am wondering if the mods on the braking system will affect the the function of the "eyesight".

I ask the local Subaru tuning store that they said if the system is just controlling the brakes via a solenoid there will be no issues, if the system is integrated into the caliper then it will be removed.

I like the red caliper style!!!!!:banana:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
I would have to agree with the source you've already asked.

I believe Eyesight uses sensors elsewhere in the system to control the braking system through the normal means. There likely aren't any new sensors on the brakes themselves.

Therefore upgrading the brake system with a new set of calipers, rotors, and stainless lines will not have any influence on the eyesight system other than the fact that you'll now go through the windshield when it kicks in.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
72 Posts
i'm worry about the same problem. i'm going to install the master cylinder stopper?brace?(whatever name) to stop the firewall movement, upgrade to ss brake line, maybe better brake pad+rotor later. i will upgrade to sti brembo if i have the information from subaru factory that bigger/aftermarket caliper will not effect eyesight. just think about it, if you have a big *** brake, you don't need to step on brake very hard to stop the car.but, if the eyesight don't know that and think you are not applying enough brake then it will apply it for you. it has very good chance to cause rear end accident. so i will only trust the information from subaru factory/engineer or a brave owner really have it on the car. i know GDB sti brembo will fit on our SJG and with 330mm rotor it perform very well.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT CVT
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the factory eyesight function to stop the car by itself in case of the emergency. So I won't upgrade the brake in the near term, and just wait for successful case... By the way, I have to say that the original 2.0XT Brake does a great job.

i'm worry about the same problem. i'm going to install the master cylinder stopper?brace?(whatever name) to stop the firewall movement, upgrade to ss brake line, maybe better brake pad+rotor later. i will upgrade to sti brembo if i have the information from subaru factory that bigger/aftermarket caliper will not effect eyesight. just think about it, if you have a big *** brake, you don't need to step on brake very hard to stop the car.but, if the eyesight don't know that and think you are not applying enough brake then it will apply it for you. it has very good chance to cause rear end accident. so i will only trust the information from subaru factory/engineer or a brave owner really have it on the car. i know GDB sti brembo will fit on our SJG and with 330mm rotor it perform very well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts