Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Lineartronic® CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a new ‘19 Sport with an Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror with Homelink. We noticed some exposed wiring covered with electrical tape behind the mirror. Just wondering if this is normal? (Photos attached for reference) The wiring has made hanging my work parking placard on the mirror very difficult because of the fear of accidentally tugging on that wire. Does anyone with the auto-dimming and homelink mirror have the same exposed wiring? Any solutions for covering it or will I just have to deal with it?

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
504 Posts
Why not ziptie the wires to the mirror support? Orient the wire to where it doesn't interfere with your needs.

·
Registered
2016 and 2020 Foresters
1,570 Posts
That wiring loop is normal for an auto-dimming/Homelink mirror. Mine isn't even wrapped in tape.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not ziptie the wires to the mirror support? Orient the wire to where it doesn't interfere with your needs.
Thanks for the reply and suggestion! I may consider doing this. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That wiring loop is normal for an auto-dimming/Homelink mirror. Mine isn't even wrapped in tape.
Oh ok thanks for letting me know this is normal. It's my first car with a mirror with features like this so I had no clue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts