Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester 2.5 Touring CVT
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone please explain: what do you order, and what are the monthly costs, to have Remote Start and Remote Temp Control via smartphone on a '19+ Forester?

·
Registered
2020 Forester 2.5 Touring CVT
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you come upon the deal -- I don't see anything like that in the link?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,464 Posts
When I created my "MySubaru" account the discount popped up when I looked into the StarLink services and I took it...that was it.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
1,029 Posts
How did you come upon the deal -- I don't see anything like that in the link?
I got the same deal as securityguy. My salesperson set it up for me when I took delivery. I gave her my credit card # and she completely handled everything for me.

3 years for $75.00.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What does the $75 for three years get you? Is it just for the remote start through the app or are there other features?

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5 Touring CVT
105 Posts
do you have to install something to your car for the remote start? or it's part of the star link that's already built in the car? Thanks

by the way, mine is a 2018 2.5 touring

·
Registered
2019 Limited CVT
41 Posts
I bought the 7-year Security Plus package for $349 from my dealer at the time of purchase.

For comparison, on my previous car the cheapest Hyundai BlueLink package that included remote start was $198 per year. I don't know if you can buy cheaper direct from Subaru or anywhere else, but I found $349 / 7 years to be a steal!

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,464 Posts
What's a steal is $75 for three years and then a renewal for $75 for another 3 years:wink2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts