Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.5x Premium
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm finally getting around to replacing my center differential...and it seems my clutch is starting to slip.

i figured i'd get that done at the same time...the service guy even said i'd save a little on labor, which is good, since that what people had been saying on the boards here.

but what should i expect the clutch to cost (parts and labor)?

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,932 Posts
It cost me a bit under $1200 a year or so ago at a local independent shop. That included replacing the flywheel.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
jesus thats a lot of money! my shop charges about 3-400 for the install. of course the price of clutch/flywheel will add to this. 1200 seems a little pricey, IMO. you could almost get a twin disk for that... do you just want to replace it w/ another stock clutch or id look in2 an act or exedy setup and resurface the oem flywheel(that'll save a few bucks). <-- these arent needed unless you are making more power.

try to find a local knowledgable enthuisist and bribe him w/ cheap booze and loose womens to install it for you, LOL!

·
Registered
2013 2.5x Premium
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the clutch and fly wheel "kit" was $377.96 if anyone was curious

the rest was labor, which was all tied in with my center differential (and saved me about 2 hrs of labor doing them together) and that totaled $824.50.
the dealer charges $97/hr!

...but anyway you slice it, i was expecting $1200 for the clutch alone (plus almost $1000 for the center diff) and got them both for ~$1900 so i "saved" money!

the car does drive better! go figure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts