Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I was going for the [email protected] but I really like the low down rumble of the Vortex.
could anyone please tell me of any other Forester exhausts that sound like the vortex

just nice to get a few options before I buy

cheers again

Matt W

·
Weasel Powered
62 Posts
remal said:
Ok, I was going for the [email protected] but I really like the low down rumble of the Vortex.
could anyone please tell me of any other Forester exhausts that sound like the vortex

just nice to get a few options before I buy

cheers again

Matt W
Hmm somebody on this forum (my brother) is replacing his Vortex 4.5" with a H&S v-soon :)

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
H&S make the afterburner vortex btw :)

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
Oi less of the delicate ears!

I've got the Vortex back box and centre section and it is a wee bit too loud for everyday driving especially on the motorway.

I'm keeping the centre section but replacing the backbox for an H&S classic.

If you want the backbox I'm sure we could come to some deal on it.

Oh and it does sound lovely :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stevem said:
H&S make the afterburner vortex btw :)
but they don't have them on their website?

I think I wille-mail them and see how much

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
When first fitted, I had the back box and mid section fitted, it was loud, but as it sooted up, it softened, however it was louder than normal. I then had a decat, which was louder still, but over time again has again softened. It is a deep rumble, and if you nail sounds like Armegeddon, :lol: But I just turn the stereo up :wink:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[quoteIt is a deep rumble, and if you nail sounds like Armegeddon, :lol: But I just turn the stereo up :wink:[/quote]

sounds nice.

as for turning the stereo up , I am in the middle of watching Star wasr Episode 3. got the JVC tv head unti . great fun by passed the handbrake restricter so I can tv TV while on the move :twisted:

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
8)

I did start looking into fitting something into the overhead unit, where the dysfunctional clock sits,

TV for the passanger and rear

Just an idea, never went any further

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mark CSC said:
Oi less of the delicate ears!

I've got the Vortex back box and centre section and it is a wee bit too loud for everyday driving especially on the motorway.

I'm keeping the centre section but replacing the backbox for an H&S classic.

If you want the backbox I'm sure we could come to some deal on it.

Oh and it does sound lovely :)
So are you still going to sell your vortex??? heard nothing and thought I would give you a call but nothing on the PM

cheers

·
Weasel Powered
62 Posts
remal said:
So are you still going to sell your vortex??? heard nothing and thought I would give you a call but nothing on the PM

cheers
I'll speak on my brothers behalf... :)

He now has the new H&S back box... but didn't get it fitted at the weekend like me (something about wifes friends wedding..or some poor excuse ) ;) Should be getting it fitted soon....so yeah there should be one free soon..

Nigel

PS I never notice when I have PM... the notice is tiny..
PPS Mark check your PM :D

·
Premium Member
3,144 Posts
If you go into 'user cp' and options

Tick the box that says

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts