Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
New Member Greeter
2011 Octavia vRS DSG
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My centre box has sprung a leak on the seam, a mate of mine has a stainless centre pipe from an preza however it doesn't have the kink just after the centre pipe joins up to the downpipe, my pal thinks that this kink is just to allow room for the box to sit there and, seeing as the pipe that he has is a straight through one with no box, he thinks it might fit. What do you guys think?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Depends what year impreza...........

·
Registered
2005 XTEn Auto
1,139 Posts
Bit worrying that. How many miles?

Post up how you get on. It will be interesting to see what difference removing the box makes.

Max.

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Pre 01 cars (and all JDMS) have a longer center than 01 on car due to the underfloor cat, the difference is 100mm, so a tape measure will tell you, if the length is right it will fit. (unless the unimpreza is the latest hatch!)

Simon

·
New Member Greeter
2011 Octavia vRS DSG
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Max, the mileage is 29600, the car is 3.5 years old and I'll certainly keep the thread updated with progress.

Simon, it won't be the latest hatch of that I'm sure but other than that I don't know what it'll be from. In any case, he hasn't been able to lay his hands on it yet so this may be a lost cause.

·
New Member Greeter
2011 Octavia vRS DSG
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chap never came back to me about the Preza centre so I've just ordered one from H&S.

"sorry love I've been forced to spend another £60 on the car" :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
You wont be dissapointed

Had mine off for centre cat and MOT

Clened it up with mild abrasive and WD40, near as new, after 3 years, you get what you pay for

·
New Member Greeter
2011 Octavia vRS DSG
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just thought, am I going to have to have a remap after fitting this?

·
New Member Greeter
2011 Octavia vRS DSG
2,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW!!!!! I wouldn't have believed that swapping 49.5" of pipe and losing a pathetic box in the process would make things so much sweeter. Pulls better right through the range, sounds so very good and drives better all around. It's not too eager to drop down a gear like it used to be which ok, I can often overcome by flicking it back up via sportshift, but it's great if I don't have to being the lazy so and so that I am :biggrin:

Now to decide whether to go one step further and get it remapped :shrug:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts