Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

381 - 399 of 399 Posts

·
Registered
2005 outback 3.0r
10 Posts
Can anybody confirm if this is actually the Invidia Q300's? This is the sound I'm looking for. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/Ce2gz4qlA-s

·
Registered
2005 outback 3.0r
10 Posts
Invidia q300 owners: how bad is the drone at low rpms? I'm seeing conflicting information online. I thought the q300 was the quietest of all the aftermarket systems, but I've heard from a few people that had to go back to stock, because the drone at low rpms, in "I" mode was horrible. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT CVT
4 Posts
Invidia q300 owners: how bad is the drone at low rpms? I'm seeing conflicting information online. I thought the q300 was the quietest of all the aftermarket systems, but I've heard from a few people that had to go back to stock, because the drone at low rpms, in "I" mode was horrible. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
In my opinion, the drone is tolerable. Its definitely noticeable that there is drone, and it comes down to what you can tolerate. Some people can live with the drone and some cant. Its a subjective thing. I dont regret my decision because its one of the most tame exhausts i've heard and i love it.

·
Registered
18 Forester XT
37 Posts
I've gotten used to it. But I had the invidia N1 before and it was stupid annoying.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT
182 Posts
It really depends on you (and maybe your spouse). I had the Q300 for my SJ FXT for about a year. It was loud initially but over time, the exhaust sound got slightly softer.

However, the drone at low RPM during acceleration still lingered. S and S# modes help a little as the engine RPMs are higher. The exhaust sound (minus the drone) was nice but it got to me after a while when I started doing a lot of start-stop city traffic. I dynamat my trunk, trunk lid, rear seat floor, 4 doors and put in thicker floor and trunk carpets which helped a little. But I had read exhaust drone is hard to reduce for SUV/wagons due to the large trunk space which accentuates sounds.

The last straw was I drove my friend’s FXT which was also on the same stage 1 tune as my car but with stock exhaust. The low to mid end was noticeably better and best of all, no more drone! Shortly afterwards, I sold the Q300 and hasn’t missed it a single time...

My advice is to try driving a FXT which has the Q300 setup and see whether you like it and more importantly, if you can bear with the drone in the long term.

·
Registered
2017 XT Auto
42 Posts
Picked up a 2015+ WRX catback exhaust (dual tips) for FREE-FITTY. Will hopefully be installing over the next few weeks. I'll do a before and after video with some pictures of how I go about modifying the rear bumper exhaust outlets and report back on my post. Much excite. Very nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been researching this a bit. Coming from a 18 STi to a 16 FXT Im wanting something a little louder than my stock STi. I'm gonna go for something a little different
the Grimmspeed catback resonated exhaust which fits '11-19' WRX's and STi's. It will probably take a bit to get the exhaust as they are on backorder I think. Plus living is Australia always makes it tougher to get interesting car parts. I'll have to cut the bumper up to fit the dual tips and then going to install WRX exhaust finishers to make it more tidy instead of just raw cuts. Might take it to a shop to make it a bit more professionally done and cleaner than what I could.
Will post back with photos and videos!
Let me know what you think of the setup now.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT H-CVT
43 Posts
Anyone installed an AVO axle back exhaust on the SJ FXT? Had these on my 2006 Legacy 2.5GT and they had a nice low rumble and were not too loud at WOT. Not sure what these would sound like on the SJ FXT with the equal length headers. If you have these axle backs please post a video/audio clip. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have been waiting to see if anyone posts this setup. Looks promising and a lot more subtle then the nameless axleback.

Anyone installed an AVO axle back exhaust on the SJ FXT? Had these on my 2006 Legacy 2.5GT and they had a nice low rumble and were not too loud at WOT. Not sure what these would sound like on the SJ FXT with the equal length headers. If you have these axle backs please post a video/audio clip. Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,265 Posts
Had the Mann engineering catback installed a couple weeks ago. I can’t believe what they accomplished with it. There is no drone. I was doing 160 km last night and it’s just fantastic.

Well done Mann

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
19 Posts
Thinking of doing a nvidia catted j pipe, sti midpipe, and sti exhaust. Any thoughts on this set up ?

·
Registered
2005 X
250 Posts
I've seen it asked here, but didn't see a response. Anybody running an Invidia Gemini R400 on their FXT and have sound clips?

381 - 399 of 399 Posts