Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have my entire exhaust off of my car right now and i'm planning on replacing all of the gaskets and i already got new bolts and stuff that is now stainless steel. my setup is now gonna be entirely stainless steel. borla headers, random tech high flow cat, stromung cat back. i am planning on cleaning/ shining most of the exhaust and and i was gonna maybe take my dremel to the inside of some of the pipes and smooth out some of the edges, is this a bad idea, will it be a waste of time
what can i do to my exhaust to improve flow, looks, durability etc while everything is off of my car. not looking to spend any amounts of money, maybe get some metal polish but thats about it
what have you guys done along these lines, any advice
thanks, shane

D

·
0 Posts
The exhaust is going to get dirty as soon as you put it back on, especially the piping, I would say it's a waste of time, but it'll look good for a little while. I just looked at that link and it's definitely an improvement.

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, i might do it if i get real bored but it looks like it may take a lot of time
i think i might just clean up the axle back or at least the part that can be seen, we'll see, i don't wanna look rice thats for sure ;)

·
Registered
2001 SOLD!
1,413 Posts
Nice work on that link you added. Unfortunatetly its only good for forced induction engines.

However, I would suggest flaring the throttle body though as demonstrated in the picture. I've seen a friend of mine with a Passat VR-6 match port the throttle body to the intake manifold. It did make a difference at higher revs and more reponsive at lower rpms.

You see buy removing rough edges, air flows much better. Also, you are introducing a funnel type shape which in return creates a venturi effect.

I've been reading a good book by Corky Bell on how to improve performance on a N/A engine. Basically the easier the air can make it throught the intake end, the better. However he did specify that N/A engines do need backpressure in the exhaust side. As for a turbo engine, the easier the air gets out of the exhaust the better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts