Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ForesterX M/T
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I damaged my front pipe the other day, now I have three options for replacement, OEM, Bosal & Walker. OEM has all the heat shields. Bolsa seems to have them only at the head area and the Y. Any suggestions on which way to go?
R&R seems to be an easy job. Are there any potential problems that I did not notice? How much torque at the heads?

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,073 Posts
if you want some thing that is going to last stay with the OEM. Others seem to crack, rattle, fit poorly. Plus there really is not much to gain with an aftermarket header on the NAs with a header unless you are spending a ton on other engine mods like pistons, cams, head work.... even then the stock header still does fairly well.

if you want the boxer rumble look for some un-equal length aftermarket headers but be prepared for the above issues and maybe a CEL for the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
2003 ForesterX M/T
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
flstffxe

I would like to stick with OEM The price varies from $175-$265, but i have to get shipping costs.
Rockauto has Bosal and Walker. The local auto parts house quoted $89 for the Bosal.
I downloaded the FSM and got the torque specs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts