Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 s/tb
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me the best exhaust system to put on a 1997 forester turbo import. Ive been looking at some stainless systems for the classic impreza but im unsure if it will fit the foz. Cant work out how to put a link up but ive been looking at a stainless system on ebay for only £190. Also will the impreza induction kits fit on as i cant find much for the forester.
Cheers for any help.
Dan

·
Registered
1999 forester s turbo
802 Posts
Anything engine related will fit, exhausts will but will need to be modified. I think it's brackets need to be longer or shorter or something.

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
Haywood and Scott for your exhaust

Green panel filter for induction

·
Registered
1997 s/tb
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Haywood and scott seem quite dear for the cat back system. As for green filters they only list the turbo as the 177bhp model from a 99 year. I presume it should fit?

·
Registered
97 JDM S/tb Manual
1,570 Posts
Thanks. Haywood and scott seem quite dear for the cat back system. As for green filters they only list the turbo as the 177bhp model from a 99 year. I presume it should fit?

Hello

I've got the Haywood and Scott cat back on my 1997 JDM and really like it. It's not that loud when cruising but sound great when you open the throttle.

I've also got a Green panel filter. All Forester and Impreza panel filters are the same up MY06. So the one listed will be fine.

Mark

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
The centre exhaust on an import contains just straight through items, so you only gain noise with an aftermarket centre, no power.

An Impreza backbox can be made to fit, but the Forester rear box site 1" lower compared to the centre than than on an Impreza, so you need modified hangers/brackets and also to cut and weld it slightly if you don't want it to pull down the rear of the centre and hang low past the diff.

Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts