Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any difference in the location of the td04 in the XT vs the vf39 in the STi? I'll be doing an STi swap soon into my '03 X and was thinking the turbo xs stealthback plus rear section looks nice. Also mainly want to make sure the forester specific vs STi downpipes are exhangeable. I was thinking it was just the rear muffler section that was slightly longer in the forester.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,583 Posts
Same location. DPs for STi applications are identical to FXT applications.

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Is just a slightly longer axle-back section that is different? I'd like to shop used systems too and if I need to piece something together I want to make sure it will be compatible.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,583 Posts
There are lots of slight differences in the whole cat-back geometry, but most aftermarket products have the same mid-pipe for the '04 - '07 STI as for the '04 - '08 XT. You can use any turbo-back exhaust made for an STI on an XT, but it will be short, and one of the exhaust hangers won't get used. The TurboXS stealthback is probably the best bang for the buck turboback option, and if you can get your hands on a FXT-specific axleback, then you're set.

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are lots of slight differences in the whole cat-back geometry, but most aftermarket products have the same mid-pipe for the '04 - '07 STI as for the '04 - '08 XT. You can use any turbo-back exhaust made for an STI on an XT, but it will be short, and one of the exhaust hangers won't get used. The TurboXS stealthback is probably the best bang for the buck turboback option, and if you can get your hands on a FXT-specific axleback, then you're set.
Thanks. I was thinking the same thing as well. And now I just learned of the boost creep issue, and the stealthback sounds even better (supposedly running the stock muffler will reduce chances of boost creep).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts