Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello there,can anyone explain why my xt has 4 parts to the zaust but when i try find the other parts to my milltek system i can only find 1 long down pipe??
also whats the difference between a bov and a waste gate????????? sorry for sounding a complete git:icon_redface:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Standard Subaru "newage" 4 piece exhaust fitted to EDM FXT and MY01 onward SF S-Turbo (Lots of threads about this in Europe Forum)

Milltek only produced an exhaust for the FSTi which retained the "classic" three piece exhaust as its JDM only

Wastegate - part of turbo exhaust housing so that exhaust gas can bypass the turbine and thus limit/ reduce boost.

BOV (blow off valve) also known as a BPV (ByPass valve) is fitted to the outlet from the turbo compressor (sometimes mounted on the intercooler) to a)return air to the turbine inlet (recirc type) or b) release the air to atmosphere (atmospheric type), to prevent compressor surge when coming off throttle.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow thanks for that Don you certainly know your stuff!!!!! ,so if i want to finish my milltek i need to get the one part and i dont suppose you have one kicking around:biggrin:,i will have to try and find the part that fits the forester/impeza? i take it the part would be to suit a 2004 plate and that should be all i need to look for???? many thanks Darren ps when replacing this part would i need to re-map????

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Darren,

It depends upon what it is you already have..........

As said, Milltek only do the one system for the Forester as follows(from their website):-
Subaru Forester STI Single Scroll Turbo exhaust products (2003 and later)

There is 1 product listed for the Subaru Forester STI Single Scroll Turbo.

1. TURBO-BACK INCLUDING HI-FLOW SPORTS CAT
Consists of: Tailpipe Style
Downpipe and Hi-Flow Cat Assembly
Centre section inc. resonator
Rear Silencer Single 100mm Special

Pipe Diameter: 2.75" (69.85mm)
Note it's stated as 2.75" diameter.

They do a number of options for the Impreza though.
2.0L WRX/STi is 2.75" but the 2.5L WRX/STi is 3.0"

Subaru Impreza performance exhausts and tuning products from Milltek Sport

May be worth giving them a ring to see what you should be looking for.

Would think after fitting a full cat back exhaust a remap would be beneficial.

·
Registered
2004 forester xt
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks once again Don, the parts i have are both 3" and the center bolted directly onto the lower cat so i guess im looking for a 3" down pipe and the a trip to England for a remap then im looking at finding so more power options!! any ideas??????????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts