Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i doubt any of you will actually come, but i always post up anyways. i know some of you wanna know what your new setups are capable of :biggrin:

lots of different classes to enter and money to be won! i won the last one back in the fall! cmon get out there and have some fun!

you dont have to even be quick, i only ran a 14.2 - this could be you: ($300 richer)

video coverage of the entire event:
YouTube - ImportRace's Channel

·
Registered
04 SOLD!
944 Posts
I'm almost positive the inlet has a tear in it, and I was tuned around it. Pegged wastegate duty at 90% through every gear with the Prodrive BCS. I hear hissing from that area when I pressure tested it. I have a Samco one on order.

I just bought a bigger TMIC, and might upgrade from a VF22/stock airbox to a 68HTA/APS65mm since I have to get re-tuned anyway.

I also need to rig a switch to lock the fake center differential in my car so I can get better launches than 1.9-2.0 at the track..

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice i agree w/ the whole upgrade while you are in there deal. hopefully shell be back in action and better than ever!

the center diff isnt the problem w/ our cars btw, IMHO its the open front diff. (unless you have something i dunno about)

·
Registered
04 SOLD!
944 Posts
nice i agree w/ the whole upgrade while you are in there deal. hopefully shell be back in action and better than ever!

the center diff isnt the problem w/ our cars btw, IMHO its the open front diff. (unless you have something i dunno about)
I have a IPT 4EAT, my year XT has the multiplate transfer clutch differential which is normally ~90/10 front biased. You end up with terrible front wheel spin on launches..You either have to make a switch to have it send more power to the rear(50/50) before you launch, or swap it out for the real center diff. in the VDC 4EAT's. You can get 1.6-1.7 60fts with those.

But yea, a locking front diff of some sort would really help me too, but they don't offer any for the 4EAT yet.

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
I thought Cusco made front & rear locking diffs? I could have sworn they were going for some $1500-$2500/each or something.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright people, just like the title says, it's that time of the year again!!

EVO vs. WRX STi day
Street Wars is also same day

When: March 6, 2010
Gates open @ 10:00 AM
Eliminations @ 2:00 PM
$40 to race/$20 to spectate

Here is the breakdown of classes compliments of another forum:

STREET WARS:
** High Tech Import VS. U.S. Muscle
*Street appearing & Street Muffled Cars Only!
*Racers are only permitted to purchase 1 tech per car/racer.* No Crossovers.
Bracket Classes:
SS - Street Stock – 14.00 and slower
ST - Street Tuner – 12.00 – 13.99
SM - Street Modified – 11.99 and Quicker
Index Classes:
10.00 Index - Open to all Import/Sport Compact & Domestic Cars.* Any Combination allowed at any weight.* No Throttle Stops or Delay Boxes allowed.* No Sandbagging.* NHRA safety rules apply.* All Run Field .400 Pro Tree, No Deep Staging allowed, Sportsman Ladder. *Must have 32 cars for full payout.
11.50 Index - Open to all Import/Sport Compact & Domestic Cars.* Any Combination allowed at any weight.* No Throttle Stops or Delay Boxes allowed.* No Sandbagging.* NHRA safety rules apply.* All Run Field .400 Pro Tree, No Deep Staging allowed, Sportsman Ladder. *Must have 32 cars for full payout.

EVO VS. WRX/STi
EVO vs. WRX/STI Bracket Class: Dial your own ET bracket eliminator. NHRA safety rules apply. .500 Full Tree.
STREET WARS PAYOUTS:
Street Stock* – Winner - $400 & Trophy, R/U - $200 & Trophy, Semi’s - $80
Street Tuner* – Winner - $400 & Trophy, R/U - $200 & Trophy, Semi’s - $80
Street Modified* – Winner - $400 & Trophy, R/U - $200 & Trophy, Semi’s - $80
10.00 Index* - Winner- $400 & Trophy, R/U -$200 & Trophy, Semi’s - $80
11.50 Index* - Winner- $400 & Trophy, R/U -$200 & Trophy, Semi’s - $80
EVO vs. WRX/STI Bracket Class* - Winner - $400 & Trophy, R/U - $200 & Trophy, Semi’s - $80 &Trophy
*Must have 32 cars for a full payout

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
wow I'd actually like to try to go this year but I'll be up in Vermont snowboarding that weekend.
Hopefully we get to see some good pics and vids after

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
45* and sunny bump! saturday is looking good for some evo bashing! every1 who has an excuse, i have asthmatic bronchitis and a 100*fever right now and im still going LOL!

·
Registered
04 SOLD!
944 Posts
It's far away, but are you planning on going Oct 23rd to the real STI/EVO showdown?

I always say I'll leave it to the big guns, then I see Stage 2 protuned STI's running 14's...I shoulda ran last year instead of watching..especially the brackets, my car is consistent as hell with the 4EAT.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes i def plan on it! and i felt the same way, i hate watching subies sucking solely due to crappy drivers. gives us a bad name...

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
no win for me 2day, cant win em all i guess LOL! i cut a -.006 redlight in the first round... way too anxious. i was killing it all day, but when it counted i choked. oh well set a personal best and finally broke in2 the 13s 2day(even if it was by the skin of my teeth!)

1.79 60ft 13.99 @ 96.86

tons of pics here: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=29979859&posted=1#post29979859

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
^^ Why do people think that bouncing their engines off the rev-limiters is needed for drag racing? :confused:

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
109 Posts
The evo crews love that 2step launch control system. If your drivetrain is strong enough it's a nice tool. Cobb is about to release their launch control for the NEWER cars very soon. Including Foresters

1 - 20 of 29 Posts