Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 EVO 8 MR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys whats up, name is Chris I don't own a Subaru as of yet but I did own a 03 Bugeye with a few things done to it, vf30 ssac fmic, pinks, other stuff. Traded it for a Evo and dumped too much money into that but I'm selling the Evo to pick up another subie. I've always loved the forester, its been one of my favorite cars the Subaru has made. I'm looking to buy a 04-08 Forester XT as soon as i sell my car.

I don't really have a choice in buying a Subaru though, I run a subaru forum slcsubaru.com so it makes sense for me to get a another Subaru.

Anyways glad to be a part of this site, I will update you guys as soon as I get my fozzy.

Peace

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
Welcome aboard!
GL in your search. Roo just posted info on an 04 XT for sale.

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
Oh HAI!!! GL with your quest. This forum is extremely helpful and I'm sure you'll be rolling in style in no time!

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Welcome ! What year/model EVO ? I'm tempted to pick one up as a track car in a few years and I'm curious how they are for reliablity , repairs etc... I would keep it street legal, minimal mods like suspension , no crazy HP desires.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
From what's been passed around there seem to be a bunch of early model XT's on the market. It's been speculated that they are expiring leases. Are you going to mod the Forester too? While they all take well to mods the 04/05's, at least on paper, would be a great choice due to the engine.

Legacy: Love the new avatar.

·
Registered
2007 Impreza WRX STi
31 Posts
Welcome ! What year/model EVO ? I'm tempted to pick one up as a track car in a few years and I'm curious how they are for reliablity , repairs etc... I would keep it street legal, minimal mods like suspension , no crazy HP desires.
Evo's overall are pretty good, good engine for holding power (even though you won't be adding much) the weak link is the transfer cases and stock clutch.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Evo's overall are pretty good, good engine for holding power (even though you won't be adding much) the weak link is the transfer cases and stock clutch.
I'd get a 5sp, the Rally guys tell me they're much stronger than the 6sp's. Yes, I recall all the threads about "my clutch is burnt out in 10-20k posts" when the EVO first came state side. I would budget for one with purchase of car.

Legacy: Love the new avatar.
Just making sure the new camcorder was working properly :biggrin:

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum & the Foz/Box is the way to go.
joe r

·
Registered
2005 EVO 8 MR
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats true the transfer cases do suck but I made sure and upgrade both before I went past the 440whp. I installed a ShepTrans Transder case with a Quafe LSD and a Exedy Twin Disc HD. I also swaped in the 5spd and took out the weaker 6spd.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
^^ How much power can you make with an EVO w 5sp before you have to worry about damage to the transmission ? On a Subaru it seems to be 300hp.

·
Super Subie Fan
2004 Forester XT 6spd MT (2005 STI)
287 Posts
Hello, the EVO is a [email protected] car, to bad you don't keep it and get a Fozzy!

:icon_frown:I wish I had kept my 07 WRX STi!
But I am back in a Subie with the 04 Fozzy XT:banana:!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts