Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, vehicle in question is a 2014 forester with cvt

First post, just joined. This morning at about 6am I ran into a store to grab some things. Upon restarting the vehicle I got the following lights
CEL
AT fluid temp
Traction control
ABS
Hill assist
In addition the x-mode indicator and cruise control indicators are both flashing.

Codes pulled were the dressed p0700 p2764 combo.

This is where it gets weird though. The car runs exactly the same as it did prior to my christmas display. Upon restarting I get just the hill assist and CEL. When I hit about 40 the other lights come on. Power windows still work, but auto windows do not. Hatch can still be opened or closed, but must be done manually the auto feature gives me a beep and does nothing.

And ideas on whether I should start looking for a CVT issue or an electrical issue? And ideas where to start looking for the electrical issue?

The thing making me doubt it's a CVT issue is the electrical symptoms I havent seen mentioned by others.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,738 Posts
Is there any way you can test your battery and alternator output at different engine speeds?
How old is your battery?
Are you in an area where rust/corrosion is a problem?

To have that many warnings, I would be thinking electrical issue too - Perhaps bad connection somewhere or bad grounding?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the northeast, so rust is a major issue. Battery terminals are pristine though. Not sure how I'd go about testing alternator out put, battery is ready 12.85 volts though. A hair low, but certainly not out of line. The battery was in the car when I bought it a year ago, cant find a date on it though.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,832 Posts
The important thing is the CEL codes. The specific lights don’t matter so much. Often times, one situation will disable a number of related ones, just because they might misbehave when something they count on is misbehaving. The CEL should point to the source.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The important thing is the CEL codes. The specific lights don’t matter so much. Often times, one situation will disable a number of related ones, just because they might misbehave when something they count on is misbehaving. The CEL should point to the source.
Yea, really hoping it's not the case, as this one seems like it'll be a $1-2k issue. Still not understanding why the transmission solenoid would mess with auto windows or hatch though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts