02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Worst of all, I did this moving my car trailer around in the driveway. :shake:

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Did you call your insurance company as soon as it happened? :icon_wink: At least it looks like only a new bumper cover.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,736 Posts
You gotta hate that. Especially when it's self inflicted.

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
OUCH ... as an adjuster, you know it can be repaired. I drifted into a trailer hitch on the back of a truck once on Rt-340 in Bird-in-Hand. left a nice 2" square cutout in the front painted bumper of my wife's Caravan.

That was about $500 to repair ...... didn't report it ...... driver of the truck I hit was more concerned about us ... no damage to his old old 60's Ford truck since I only hit the hitch sticking way out.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,802 Posts
That's a leave-alone. Think of it like a small mole on a model's face... it gives character.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
Time to turn it into a battle-foz...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OUCH ... as an adjuster, you know it can be repaired.
Wrong-o. That's what really cheeses me off. These unpainted grained covers aren't repairable (at least not in any way that doesn't look like you repaired it). $300 oem new, $250 a/m (list price). We'll see how cheap I can get one.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at the "Meh, just run it" attitude of a lot of you. Nice to be on a forum where every car doesn't have to be perfect and have 10 coats of Zymol. :banana: I may leave it alone for awhile and hope someone else hits the damn thing so they can pay for (at least part of) a new one.

·
Registered
2006 V50 T5 6spd Manual
2,510 Posts
So... when you call to file a claim... does your phone ring?

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
2,936 Posts
At least when you make the call, you're guaranteed to get someone who speaks English!!!

Steve

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,986 Posts
I have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at the "Meh, just run it" attitude of a lot of you. Nice to be on a forum where every car doesn't have to be perfect and have 10 coats of Zymol. :banana: I may leave it alone for awhile and hope someone else hits the damn thing so they can pay for (at least part of) a new one.
In a two week period last year, both of my Subarus were caught in a hail storm and a acorn storm (bumper crop last year). Lots of little dings on both of them. At first I was really angry, and then I got over it (found out wife was pregnant). I haven't washed either car since the first major wash after winter.

:icon_redface:

·
Registered
2001 Forester Slushbox
1,777 Posts
I used a heat gun and melted it back together when I tore my rear cover.
Then again I just think it adds caractor.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts