Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Draw-tite hitch (Class II), a plug-in wiring harness for a 4-pin connector, and the drawbar to mount a ball to. I got it all for just under $200 delivered. I've already received emails telling me that they had it in their warehouse, and then another one telling me it has shipped. I ordered at about 1PM and it's 8PM now. That's pretty fast. we'll see how the delivery and packing goes.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,679 Posts
I was impressed at how reasonable e-trailer's shipping costs were. I've paid more for a few ounce package from a bandit on eBay than I did to have my Hidden Hitch shipped halfway across the country.

They have in the past sent out the occasional 10% discount code, which I always try to post here. But they've been quiet for a while now.

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got everything in yesterday. The box was banged up pretty bad but nothing inside was damaged or scratched. So far so good.

B

·
0 Posts
I had a super good experience with etrailer.com. I ordered a hidden hitch, found out it's bended during shipment, or maybe just a defected one. I called them, they shipped a another one to me, and the UPS guy took the bad one!! All done with no further charge!! A++++

BTW, the shipping IS very reasonable, considering the hitch weighs 30-40 pounds in a 5-foot long box!

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
27 Posts
I bought a DrawTite hitch from them for my XT. Great price & great service. I'm a satisfied customer. :)

Chuck

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
985 Posts
etrailer.com

Recently I purchased a Thule hitch-mount bike rack from etrailer.com. The bike rack I received was defective. This is not etrailer.com's fault, but how they handle the return is their fault. First they gave me a hard time about returning the item even for a defect. When they finally issued the RMA number they tried to change the return policy from 60 days to 30 days and adding a 20% restocking fee.

Just thought I'd warn everyone on this site.

Higgledy

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Premium Auto AT
39 Posts
I ordered a Curt Class III hitch from them on 8/3/09 at 8:00 pm. It qualified for their free shipping. It was delivered on 8/5/09 at 10:00 am :icon_eek:. I was amazed. I'll open the box tonight to verify everything is OK.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X AT
4,235 Posts
Etrailer is shady. I had issues during install and noted this in my review. Of course it never appeared on their website. They must filter everything to show what a great company they are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts