2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,928 Posts
rear strut bar

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone using a front-lower tie brace and have found it helpful?

Yes, I am already using the rear strut brace. I've read that the front brace is more bling than substance because the firewall is so close to the strut towers and provides the needed support. Is this true or has anyone noticed an improvement using the front brace?

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
Check out these, they are a little hard to source. Acouple vendors just popped up on ebay about two weeks ago and nextgentuning.com carries them, but that is about it. Check out their testing procedure on the strut bars. :icon_eek:

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
Check out these, they are a little hard to source. Acouple vendors just popped up on ebay about two weeks ago and nextgentuning.com carries them, but that is about it. Check out their testing procedure on the strut bars. :icon_eek:
I saw those too and was wondering about fitment, quality, and performance compared to the GT Spec and STi bars.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
h brace and add a front strut bar too... most of that flex is in the sloppy oem bushings/mounts. if you can stand some NVH, get some groupns throughout the car!

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
^^good stuff.....do a quick search on hbrace...I know someone had to add spacers to their gt spec one, as did I for my silver e-bay one. The h-brace & lower arm bar are good starting points for underbracing, and definitely stiffen things up a bit.

I have some pics in my journal of the spacers uses & where....maybe you wont need them, but keep it in mind....I used some leftover whiteline ALK ones that were around 1/3'' tall.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT 4EAT-VTD
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^good stuff.....do a quick search on hbrace...I know someone had to add spacers to their gt spec one, as did I for my silver e-bay one. The h-brace & lower arm bar are good starting points for underbracing, and definitely stiffen things up a bit.

I have some pics in my journal of the spacers uses & where....maybe you wont need them, but keep it in mind....I used some leftover whiteline ALK ones that were around 1/3'' tall.
Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts