Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i CVT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Forester 2.5i Premium without navigation. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9 on T-Mobile, connected via Bluetooth. Recently I started getting error messages on my head unit that the call log and contact transfers were unsuccessful. It had been working before with same phone, so maybe some software update caused a problem, IDK. I unpaired and deleted the phone from the head unit, then re-paired it. Bluetooth connects no problem, but the same error with contacts and call logs comes up.

I took the vehicle to my dealer and they verified that there is a problem. They applied a software update to the head unit, but it didn't correct the issue. I then called SOA and talked to someone there. She said that my phone is on the compatibility list for my Forester and that it should work. She is looking into it further and is supposed to get back to me by Friday.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? It's kind of a big deal for me since I drive a lot for my business and use the voice recognition hands free feature frequently. With no contacts in the head unit, I cannot tell it to "call So-and-so". I have to resort to picking up the phone, looking up the contact in my address book, and dialing it manually. Once I do that I can talk hands free through the head unit, but the point of having hands free dialing is to keep your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. It's a safety issue. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had this problem.

·
Premium Member
2018 Forester Touring CVT
82 Posts
My '18 failed contact transfer each time I tried to set it up. I decided to get to it later. The phone was paired with the car and I had given permission for the contact transfer. One or two drives later the message popped up that contacts were successfully transferred. There was no intervention on my part. It obviously wanted to do it on its schedule, not mine.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i CVT
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what mine used to do, but now it's been broken for at least a month and a half. I'm still waiting for an answer from SOA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts