Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 2.0 D XC
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A quick post to a) record what the code is and b) the "odd" warning lights.

a)This code is "DPF pressure difference sensor (low)"
b)Driving at 50mph - about 8 miles from cold. The "check engine"? (handbook in car - its a picture of an engine) came on along with the traction control off light. No issue with how car was handling/performing. Stopped engine and restarted, both lights remained on and the traction control button had no effect.

Car was driven for 2 miles and parked for around 1 hr. Same behaviour as last restart. Car was then driven 6 miles and parked again for 1 hr - again no change. Car driven 15m and parked overnight. Following morning (-5C) started OK and no lights. Later in day drove 45m across Yorkshire Dales to SG Petch in Richmond and they retrieved the code (historic).

(They also fitted a wiring loom upgrade - forgot to ask where! but it was only a 15 min job)

·
Registered
MY09 XSn 2.0 Diesel 6MT
967 Posts
Thanks for that info Peter, but you do realise that was the penalty for being MIA on the 2nd Dales Run :biggrin::biggrin: That said, with the amount of abuse I took, perhaps you chose the sensible option. :icon_confused:

The wiring loom fix is to stop various cables under the TMIC from shorting out against the engine.

·
Registered
2009 2.0D
24 Posts
This sounds like the same error I had on mine.

The dealer changed the sensor and did a series of measurements on the car on FHI's request.

It seems it's a weak part.

I'm quite happy with the way they got things sorted apart from the fact that they dinged my driver side front door. I will have to go back and have them fill the dinge and repaint the door.

It will take a few days and on the roads these days I really appreciate the comfort of the Forester. (I get a Justy to use while they fix it... ;) )

Anyways: Just ask the dealer to check with FHI and tell them that they replaced mine under warranty if it happens again.

I'd be interested in hearing what wiring they replaced. As the 09 is a first of a model, I expect quite a few small things to be needing fixing and replacements. :)

-KJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts