Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
After an almost unbelievably long wait and many twists and turns I just received my new 2014 Forester XT Premium :)
I have spent the last 6 years in Duramx diesel trucks, this is my first car in a while and my first ever Subaru. After selling my last truck just before Thanksgiving I was on the hunt for a safe, reliable car with plenty of cargo space for tools, kids stuff etc. I was looking at Volvos for the safety factor and found a nice XC70 that I ended up purchasing. Two days later I find out it needs more work that originally thought and was able to return it, thankfully. Shortly thereafter I located a beautiful one adult owner XC90 in Boston that was exactly what I was looking for with a great price as it needed the timing belt done. After spending a day traveling, inspecting and negotiating I was the proud owner of said Volvo. Needing the timing belt (and being a zero clearance engine) I opted to have it towed home, never imagining what that decision would bring….. apparently when the flat bed truck was almost here he hit a patch of black ice, went off the side of the road, over a guard rail and into a ditch, rolling over on my brand-new-to-me car. Thankfully the driver was okay, but my car was now totaled!
After talking with both insurance agencies and the tow company, and going through the title process (which could have taken forever but I was very fortunate) I was given a payout based on fair market value. I have to say, Allstate was awesome, and so was the other insurance company, Travelers. After all this and more than a month in a rental (totally covered!) I had no interest in car shopping again until I started looking at the new Forester XTs. After lots of searching and a tight time frame before the rental had to go, Brattleboro Subaru found me exactly what I was looking for, a Venetian Red XT Premium.
I have had it a few days now, its been raining but can't wait to get it washed up and take some pictures! Its an awesome car and suits my needs perfectly. I love this forum and look forward to learning as much as I can on here in the future. Sorry if this is long or not the correct format, I have never posted anything in a forum before

·
Premium Member
2011 XT Touring 4EAT
12,185 Posts
WoW! I literally started reading just to see if it was in fact "EPIC"...and def did not see that coming.

Glad it worked out though..enjoy your fozzy!!!

And welcome from PA.

·
Registered
2014 EFJ Forester Touring CVT
82 Posts
Welcome to the forum from sunny (not so warm) Fort Lauderdale!!! Hope you'll love your XT. Ours is VRP too, but not the turbo. Lots to explore in this forum especially if you want to modify your XT to make it truly yours.

·
Premium Member
2014 2.0 XT yes
2,752 Posts
That was a roller coaster journey. Something out there doesn't want you to own a Volvo.

That must have been an awkward conversation. "So, about your car...".

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium AT
812 Posts
That was a roller coaster journey. Something out there doesn't want you to own a Volvo.

That must have been an awkward conversation. "So, about your car...".
X2!!

Congrats and welcome!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts