Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I figured it's time to start a small journal, since i've finally ordered some parts and I wanna start modding it.

I bought it back in 04 with 48k on it, lent it to my grandmother for about 2 years, which i regret because it's not got a few dents and whatnot, but I'm in the process of trying to get them fixed.

I ordered a carbin fiber front strut brace which should be here friday/saturday and I'll take pics of that install and this friday, I should be buying a rear wing for it.

Here are some pictures that I took today, YES. I know she's dirty but new england winters are horrible and I try to keep her clean but it's hard.

I've got some work to do on her. I've gotta replace the corner lense, but I want the clear lenses which are hard to find. I need to find a place around here that will fix the dent on the drivers side passenger door and the quarter panel. My fog light got knocked outta place one night from some deer, which kinda pissed me off AND the bumper paint is flaking off in different parts.

OTHER than that, it's got 140k and it's holding up like a beauty! Once the motor goes, I wanna look into getting it swapped for a newer WRX non-turbo motor, but that's a whole 'nother project. Hope ya like!

·
Registered
1998 Forester
95 Posts
looks good! if i were you i would rip the bumper panels off and plast-dip them black :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,242 Posts
What tires are those? They look pretty cool!

A WRX non-turbo motor?

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What tires are those? They look pretty cool!

A WRX non-turbo motor?
Yea, I've been hearing a WRX turbo motor is just a pain in the donkey to swap, then again, I could be hearing wrong.

I wouldn't mind a WRX turbo'd motor. Would that be hard to swap in?

·
Registered
1998 Forester L 5MT
400 Posts
Plenty of guys have done a WRX swap. But to clarify, all WRX engines are turbocharged. Kinda the point of doing that particular swap. The car looks nice otherwise. Kinda like mine. A black '98 with a couple of dents that will be fixed on Monday. 140K on the clock also. Doing little improvements here and there. Now have full exhaust, a WRX rear sway bar, upgraded Whiteline front endlinks, a K&N, have the same wheels as yours but they're not on the car currently. Stock 15" steels with General Grabber AT2 all-terrain tires. Good luck with car, interested to see how the strut tower bar goes.

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Your Foz looks like it got T-boned, rolled, and smashed by car doors. I like it! Keep us updated on your mods, I'm especially interested in the engine swap!!

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I haven't updated but I've got a list of stuff I'm getting done in the coming months.

- Painting my rims Fire Engine Red.
- Picking up a set of 02 wrx rims for the winter tires
- Rear wing for the back.
- Axleback 04 WRX exhaust

Future Plans:
- 06 WRX seden struts/springs
- Rear strut bar of X-brace

Here are some updated pics from today. The pic of me standing in front of it will soon be my avatar.

Below is the strut bar that I installed.

I should be updating this again soon when I get my exhaust done and the wheels painted!

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeaaa! Hopefully I can find a rear door for her and the body work done so I can start buying parts :)

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
You should paint it red so you can be the firetruck! :woohoo:

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,581 Posts
Nice lookin Foz there! Did you get that exhaust leak fixed?

OT, but BlueRidgeGrl, that avatar makes me want to snap the elastic and stick something up that car's tail pipe.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would LOVE to get my car painted red, but I just don't have the money to get a NICE paint job.

guroove - I'm working on that this week and next. I'm ordering the new cat this friday and modifying the 04 sti exhaust to fit on my fozzy.

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, thanks to BlueRidgeGirl, I found out that my JDM side mirrors were pretty rare and wanted by alotta people and she told me to post some pictures up, so here ya go!

Driver Side:

Passenger Side:

Switch: I installed it and the wiring harness isn't where I thought it is, so I'm going to have to search and rescue this weekend!

·
Registered
431 Posts
You're going to want sedan struts and wagon springs. If you remember looking at mine, I'm rolling on '07 WRX Wagon springs and struts with 1/2" Paranoid Fabrications saggy butt spacer in the rear (strut mounting bolts need to be replaced for longer ones).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts