Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 fxt
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 04 xt 5spd with 90k. today after driving home on the fwy for 2hrs i get off the exit which is a downhill so i put the car in neutral and the engine just stalls out. this happened about 3 or 4 more times on the way home everytime i put the car in neutral either on the down hill or level ground. the car starts right back up though even when rolling after it has stalled. only mods i did to the car is CBE and snorkel delete. Dont know what it could be as the car has no CEL and even when i hooked up my reader it didn't come up with any codes. please help as i am stranded at home since this is my only ride...

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
my guess is maybe you are losing metered air somewhere/somehow

how did you do your snorkel delete?

·
Registered
2004 fxt
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just took out the snorkel and im running no fender liner cuz it got ripped out when i was super slammed before. it hasnt been raining here for awhile i know when it did rain i got some moisture in the intake but i took out the maf cleaned it and let it dry overnight. was fine after that til last night. car just kept stalling out on me everytime it would go from 1k rpm or around there then drop to 0 and shut the car off as i wasrolling

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Coasting in neutral is a bad habit and an unsafe driving techique. I think it's even illegal in California.

Stan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts