Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

My first post here and a new owner of a 2010 2.5 MT Forester. I'm looking for help on an issue that takes a bit of fun out of driving this otherwise great vehicle!

As stated in the title, the engine speed hangs up and doesn't drop when I take my foot off the accelerator. This happens when shifting up and when the clutch pedal is depressed. I searched this forum and found that an ECM reprogramming file is available for the 09 year to fix this. I took the car to my dealer and asked if this was available for 2010 and they said no. How do I verify this with Subaru directly as the dealer didn't seem too interested in solving this problem.

Could the 2009 ECM reprogramming file be used on my 2010 to fix this? I'm not sure what differences there would be between years but I suspect not much if anything.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X EJ253 Manual
2,830 Posts
Mine did that pretty bad when new, but after the first 1000 miles it seemed to settle down. Its only an issue now if I'm flogging it and get slow with the [shift lever] row. It has to do with the drive-by-wire electronic throttle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts