Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I replaced my stock exhaust with an Invidia catback exhaust, car feels rough and is a totally different car now. The Invidia was too loud so I went a different route with a supposedly quieter custom 3 inch exhaust, with a resonator, the car is still too loud and is running as poorly as with the Invidia, I can't explain how smooth the car ran with the original stock exhaust and the only reason I changed it was to have a bit more performance seeing that I already installed a Grimmspeed upipe and downpipe. Too make a long story short The car ran great with the stock exhaust on the Grimspeed. How could I get back to that, should I put the stock exhaust back on or could I try a different setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was in the middle of having it tuned. It really doesn't make sense to tune the car now until I get the exhaust back to where I want it to sound.

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
236 Posts
Hello
I replaced my stock exhaust with an Invidia catback exhaust, car feels rough and is a totally different car now. The Invidia was too loud so I went a different route with a supposedly quieter custom 3 inch exhaust, with a resonator, the car is still too loud and is running as poorly as with the Invidia, I can't explain how smooth the car ran with the original stock exhaust and the only reason I changed it was to have a bit more performance seeing that I already installed a Grimmspeed upipe and downpipe. Too make a long story short The car ran great with the stock exhaust on the Grimspeed. How could I get back to that, should I put the stock exhaust back on or could I try a different setup?

Thanks
Try cleaning the MAF Sensor, new air filter, clean the throttle body, do a throttle body relearn.

I think the ECU needs to relearn the increased exhaust flow. perhapes check the spark plugs and replace.

also what is the status of the pre cat sensor or also called Air-fuel ratio sensor. perhaps is giving bad feedback.

just throwing some thing out there to look at. i had issues just after changeing the midpipe and mufflers. relearn and hard driving helped the ecu relearn everything.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great info. Thanks, I am going to first get the sound I want then follow the steps you suggested.
Thanks Again

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great info. Thanks, I am going to first get the sound I want then follow the steps you suggested.
Thanks Again
Problem solved, the fitting on the egr purge solenoid was cracked and I was getting a intermittent vacuum leak.:wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts