Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Sti Forester
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have an 04 plate 2.5 sti forester, has anybody had any nightmares re reliability, my heads went at about 67000, are bottom ends a weakness ? has any body had any problems regards this, i spoke to my mechanic and he said failures are common between 85000 miles and 105000 miles , is this the case or are there some that have more than this
Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
2002 Forester
292 Posts
Hi, i have an 04 plate 2.5 sti forester, has anybody had any nightmares re reliability, my heads went at about 67000, are bottom ends a weakness ? has any body had any problems regards this, i spoke to my mechanic and he said failures are common between 85000 miles and 105000 miles , is this the case or are there some that have more than this
Thanks
Chris
First off, it's normal for any car to go through a period of time at around that mileage where a bunch of stuff needs to be replaced almost all at once, after which it becomes a reliable car again for some time. As to the overall reliability, it's definitely not as good as a Ford.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
I don't know why your heads went at that mileage but the STI 2.5 is one of the most reliable aside from the old 2.2. Unless modified the bottom end should have no problems. The problem thats popped up here has been issues with the oil pickup tube cracking near the block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts