Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i was told that my engine mounts are shot, well he said my LHS/drivers side engine mount was shot, this might be the reason for a little knocking/clicking noise when i step on the gas from a stop. soo didnt get alota help from search button... so ill put these questions here:

1. are the 04 FXT and 04 sti engine STOCK mounts the same? would it be an upgrade to put sti engine mounts in?

2. what will be the difference if i replace my engine mounts with Group N Engine mounts??

3. Has anyone had any experience with these??

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT '06 STi 6MT
707 Posts
1. the stock engine mounts are the same. there would be no upgrade by swapping in stock sti mounts.

2. the difference with just replacing the 2 engine mounts by themselves will probably not be a whole helluva lot. there will be less engine movement at idle (where it's the most noticeable) and probably a very slight increase in nvh.

3. i like my group-n's, but when i did my swap i swapped pretty much every driveline bushing/mount and lots of suspension stuff at the same time. so it's hard to quantify what just the engine mounts did by themselves. like i said in #2 what i really noticed was less engine movement and no more sloppy idle feeling when just sitting in the car.

i feel bad because my old stock fxt mounts only had 34K on them and were in great shape, but i think i threw them away. i would have shipped them to you for some beer :\

·
Registered
04 forester xt
969 Posts
i have the groupn tranny, engine and pitch mount. it seem my stock engine mounts were pretty stiff and no gaps unlike the stock tranny mount which you can twist by hand. its hard to imagine them being shot . didnt feel much difference with the groupn engine mounts but i did notice a difference with the tranny and pitch mount

each mount was installed at different times. the groupn engine mounts are a better setup than stock though. and dont let the nvh talk scare you, its not what it sounds like. its very slight imo and tolerable

1 - 3 of 3 Posts