Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My wife has a Subaru Forester (2001) petrol engine (2.0).

The engine management light has come indicating something is wrong. The car is now running like a dog, and drinks petrol.

Last time this was traced to a sensor ( catalyst sensor ?) and required its replacement (the sensor) and a heat shiled re-welding in place. This cost me nearly 400 pounds, ( I was away on business at the time, so couldn't do anything).

Is there a fault diagnosis process for fault finding engine management problems in Forestors ? If it requires welding, then thats something I can't do, but replacing engine sensors I can do.

Cheers

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,984 Posts
If you come back to the Forum pop over to the Europe forum, plenty of info, help and answers there.

·
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,471 Posts
Possible front O2 sensor. Have a shop pull codes for you. On the other side of the pond, most parts stores will tell you the codes for free.:raspberry:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
You need the fault codes.....a generic OBD code reader will tell you the code then we can help!

There is no such thing as a catalyst sensor, Exhaust gas temperature or Oxygen sensors are both in the exhaust but neither should have cost £400!

Simon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts